• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trust AGM 2021

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Unfortunately I am unable to attend so this thread is available for reports of proceedings

Matt Phillips

I'm unable to report on proceedings in general, as I'm stuck isolating after catching Covid, but I do have the election results!

Julen Beer Ayo 446
Jon Beer. 351
Elaine Davis. 586
Nick Edwards. 360
Pete Ferlie. 404
Matt Philips. 288
Mick Sinclair. 217
Alistair Yates. 307

Julen Beer Ayo, Elaine Davis, Nick Edwards and Pete Ferlie are therefore duly elected.

There was a 26.78% turnout.

Personally, I'm disappointed not to have been elected, but want to thanks those who did vote for me, and wish congratulations to those who have been voted in! I'm especially pleased to see Julen elected, who I think had the strongest manifesto of everyone, my own included, and who I'm sure will be a great addition to the Trust board.

Alistair20000

I'm unable to report on proceedings in general, as I'm stuck isolating after catching Covid, but I do have the election results!

Julen Beer Ayo 446
Jon Beer. 351
Elaine Davis. 586
Nick Edwards. 360
Pete Ferlie. 404
Matt Philips. 288
Mick Sinclair. 217
Alistair Yates. 307

Julen Beer Ayo, Elaine Davis, Nick Edwards and Pete Ferlie are therefore duly elected.

Personally, I'm disappointed not to have been elected, but want to thanks those who did vote for me, and wish congratulations to those who have been voted in! I'm especially pleased to see Julen elected, who I think had the strongest manifesto of everyone, my own included, and who I'm sure will be a great addition to the Trust board.

Thanks for the election result and bad luck on not getting elected.

Hope you recover fully and soon from Covid.

Pete F

Just want to say thank you to those folk voted for me, congratulations to Ealine, Julen & Nick who also got voted in, looking forward to working with you and the other board memebers.
Commiserations to the other 4 candidates , I hope you will stand again.
Hope the covid is not to bad for you Matt, get well soon .

Grecian68

Julen Beer Ayo 446
Jon Beer. 351
Elaine Davis. 586
Nick Edwards. 360
Pete Ferlie. 404
Matt Philips. 288
Mick Sinclair. 217
Alistair Yates. 307

26.78% turnout is poor.
Congratulations to those elected.

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
26.78% turnout is poor.
Congratulations to those elected.
Very poor turnout - did evoting work properly ? If not we have no chance of achieving Project 6k and should think twice re Cliff Hill Dr developments.

ExmouthMart

Last time I looked the hustings video had 88 views on YouTube. The sad truth seems to be a large portion of the membership are not too bothered about the running of the trust and just take it for granted that everything is okay. As someone mentioned in the meeting it was easy at the beginning to motivate people because it was a real crisis that needed immediate action hence why we all joined the trust to save our club. I don’t know what the answer is. Some people like being on committees and this seems to be the people on the board. I don’t feel like an owner just a ‘guardian’ of the club. I pay my monthly subs but I’ve done it for so long I don’t really know if it makes a difference or it’s just a token gesture.

Pete Martin (CTID)

Last time I looked the hustings video had 88 views on YouTube. The sad truth seems to be a large portion of the membership are not too bothered about the running of the trust and just take it for granted that everything is okay. As someone mentioned in the meeting it was easy at the beginning to motivate people because it was a real crisis that needed immediate action hence why we all joined the trust to save our club. I don’t know what the answer is. Some people like being on committees and this seems to be the people on the board. I don’t feel like an owner just a ‘guardian’ of the club. I pay my monthly subs but I’ve done it for so long I don’t really know if it makes a difference or it’s just a token gesture.
Not so.

Before electronic voting was introduced the normal turnout was around 18%. As far as I can recall, even in the early days of the Trust, it was never higher. From memory, last year's turnout (with electronic voting) was similar to this year's.

Also, in the early days of the Trust, in some years, there weren't even enough candidates for an election and anyone that stood automatically became a Trust board member.

Colesman Ballz

The hustings video was an "own goal". It came out so long after the hustings and so shortly before the close of voting that I am sure a great number would have already voted ! Whoever was responsible for this needs to hang their head(s) in shame. This must be improved upon in future elections. The failure of 50% of the candidates to even prioritise attending the hustings also spoke much of their lack of commitment. Why would members consider them worthy of a vote, or want them on the Trust Board ?

ExmouthMart

Everyone is worthy of consideration if they put themselves forward regardless of location. We don’t all live in the Exeter area but that doesn’t mean to say you can’t make a contribution if elected. It’s only an overseeing role anyway and not a hands on day to day job. Perhaps next time a zoom type screen could be used for those you couldn’t be there.
Also the chairman did an introduction with his coat on while making apologies for not staying or he would be told off by his wife…… the whole thing looked a bit rushed and awkward. Seeing who was asking the questions would have been a good idea ( like the fans forum). One candidate was taking questions from someone they clearly knew and called him ‘Mike’. Great if you were there but not much good for those of us watching…..
The most telling thing for me was the question answered by the sitting board/trust member in relation to changing the manager. A strange reference to Tisdale and the time he was given but didn’t he have a bit of credit in the bank given that he did achieve something?! No one wants to see chopping and changing but it has to be an option.
The other thing was what was most important to the trust. Making sure the club keeps going in line with our model for running it. We are not going to risk anything to get promotion or give playing contracts which are unsustainable. It might not have been those exact words but the bottom line is there is a limit and if it means if we don’t get promoted so be it. I can’t see how you equate this to getting things like project 6000 etc. going. Increasing your fan base only comes with success on the pitch and no amount of match day experience or enhancements are going to make up the shortfall.