• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Truro City / Andy Taylor

Number13

Afternoon

Saw that an Andy Taylor played for Truro City in their midweek league clash with Cirencester. Can anyone confirm if this is indeed the Andy Taylor?

Also now they are fielding Martin Rice, Marcus Martin, (Andy Taylor), Matt Bye, Dean Stamp, Barry McConnell, is the team with the highest number of ex City players at one time ever? Even at their Exeter City Resefve best Tivvy had a maximum of 4?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Yes, it is the same Andy Taylor, he has joined City Old Boys aka Truro City.

t.a.f.k.a.g.g.

Good luck Andy... He actually performed a very important job for us in midfield especially during the early part of last season.

Truro City may as well rename themselves Cornish Grecian FC.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Without Andy I don't think we'd be a league team. He had some very good games last season and I wish him all the best for the future [y] I also think that he might do well in a coaching role at some point as he always struck me as a sensible bloke :)

Gozzer

Very well known Exeweb poster
Andy must want to stay in the Westcountry. He's a better player than Truro's standard of football. He should really be playing in the BSP and it will take Truro a few more years to get there. Waste of talent, IMO.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agree with that. Always rated him. A very useful Conference player and Should have at least stayed at that level. Maybe cash, or staying in westcountry duno but all the best to him was a loyal and commited player for us

Scooterboy 65

Also if Andy T is still with our ex Physio Clare he wont want to be to far away I guess I no I would'nt.
From what I've heard it was a decent game the other night at Cirencester.
Anyway good luck Andy

ECFC TOM

Good luck Andy. He does deserve to be playing his trade in the BSP

Red Lion

Andy must want to stay in the Westcountry. He's a better player than Truro's standard of football. He should really be playing in the BSP and it will take Truro a few more years to get there. Waste of talent, IMO.
I agree too!

Good luck Andy!

Alan Crockford

Well-known Exeweb poster
I like Andy too. He's one of the players who helped us to bridge the gap between bankrupt non league newcomers via Man Utd miracle and some good play-off challenges to get where we are now. 126 City appearances ... bleddy hell, I'd gladly swap everything I've ever achieved in my life to have done that.

I think I know where it went wrong too. It's that centre-mid obsession. His technique is pretty strong but he's a player who benefits from having a little bit of time on the ball. His distribution from wide positions was often excellent, and defensively I think he looked more comfortable tracking back and working to nullify the threat from out wide than he did mixing it with the big lads and the psychos in the middle of the park.

Still, good luck to the bauy. When I write '150 years of Exeter City' from my Sidmouth nursing home, I'll be sure to give Andy a good mention :)