• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Truro City / Andy Taylor

ExeGooner

Word is that he hasn't signed but he is with in, deal yet to be thrashed out. Taylor might be keeping options open.

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
Team Bath is the Exeter City feeder team.

Truro is the Exter City retirement home. :)

Having said all that, hope its leads to BSP contract for Taylor

Joshyd123

Very well known Exeweb poster
Team Bath is the Exeter City feeder team.

Truro is the Exter City retirement home. :)

Having said all that, hope its leads to BSP contract for Taylor
I thought Tivvy was the retirement home? :cool:

tisdale 1

Resigned
yeah your right tivvy retirment,truro,we are there feeder club,torquay,reject club!!!

east_mid

Well-known Exeweb poster
No ,Tivvy is the knackers yard:D

Smiverz

agree with what everyone else has said. i dont know him but he seemed a top bloke and very loyal to city but not good enough for league 2. hope he has a good future in the game though

rightwing

Well-known Exeweb poster
I thought Andy Taylor was an incredibly average player who punched well above his weight by just working very hard at his game. The sort of player who kept us in the Conference, rather than helped us to get out of it.

Obvious contrast with, for example, the natural talent of Ryan Harley.
Totally agree with this view. No pace, never won a ball in the air, couldn't take on and beat a player to save his life, no vision in his passing, poor goalscoring record. In all far too many negatives for me.

ECFC '72

Laughing at the people showing their true colours
Agree with all that, but he was never anything less than a 100% man, which is a credit to him, and deserves at least a little respect. IMO.

But I still think Truro is not far off his level TBH. ;)

exesaddler

I made the Truro v Thatcham Game and Andy T was there warming up but didn't come off the bench. If he signs he will be a seriously good player for them. Ricey, McConnell, Stamp, Bye, Martin all played with Mr Graham Power cunningly disguised as a coach warming up with the team pre kick-off and of course the new Manager and Exeter City hero ( ;) ) Mr McCarthy. Add to this ex Plymouth and Yeovil players and they are a promising outfit.

Yetton lucks a decent player at that level but Truro's general link-up play needs to seriously improve if he is to benefit. Cant help thinking he would bag a few in front of Gilly Harley and Edwards.

Good luck to Andy - I'm sure the money is right at TC but should he drop to a level far below his abilty deserves?....we shall see.

Last edited:

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good luck to him (and Claire)

Never let us down on or off the pitch.

Too good for Truro.

I always thought in our Conference days that if we had a team good enough to afford leaving out Andy Taylor then that team would be good enough to get promoted, and so it proved.

I can understand Andy not wanting to be too far away.But surely Weymouth Salisbury or Conference strugglers torquay should be interested?