• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Trouble in town

Oli

Very well known Exeweb poster
While not publicising fights may well be an anti-hooligan tactic I can't believe that an actual death would not be reported in the media.
Is there any media to cover it?

exeips

Isn't it an anti-hooligan tactic to not report these sorts of things?
There was a big write up when a few 'boys' from Plymouth came up by train to have a scrap with some 'boys' from Exeter not so long ago.

http://www.thisiswesternmorningnews.co.uk/news/11-arrested-rival-football-gangs-clashed-train-station/article-1189096-detail/article.html

Fareham Grecian

While not publicising fights may well be an anti-hooligan tactic I can't believe that an actual death would not be reported in the media.
You may be right. But the media reports absolutely nothing unless they're fed it by someone, since there are no such thing (certainly locally) as journalists any more. Crime now only exists in the public domain if the police choose to feed it to the media - otherwise the papers and TV are just full of 'celebrity' gossip, fed to them by publicists.

exile in wales

why in that press report does it mention the football club , why not say that it was a gang of youths looking for a fight , which is just what it was, and it really was nothing to do with the club ,,,press ???good and bad ...
bloody hell ive become middle aged ......

Last edited:

Grecian2K

but I did hear that a forensic team were near the odeon ...
The Cold Case squad FINALLY getting round to looking into the "Roger Rabbit Incident" are they? :-O

Last edited:

Oldsmobile-88

There are incidents in all places large & small these days on a Saturday night....Its usually safer in Sidwell Steet after a game(who ever the opposition) than later around the 'sh*t in a container' merchants(Take Aways) when the beer monsters are roaming around looking for a bit of aggro....

Swanaldo

why in that press report does it mention the football club......
The mind boggles. An incident on the 27th June, nowhere near any football ground and the numpty from BTP blames 'football supporters'. WTF?

Tim Long

Now this is only hearsay, but I did hear that a forensic team were near the odeon last night after somebody had died. How and why, or whether it was football related, i don't know.

Nothing in any of the usual newsfeeds...
Well, having actually been to the Odeon cinema on Saturday night, I can confirm that police were taping off the area around the bus stop opposite the Odeon and half way across Sidwell Street at about 8.30 pm and when I came out of the cinema and went to the curry house opposite at roughly 11pm there was a guy in a white 'boiler suit', typical of the way forensic experts are portrayed on TV, on his hands and knees in the bus stop. The chap who served us in the curry house said that there had been a fight, he didn't believe it was football related and that someone had died.
To Egg who started the thread and is a journalist: I have no wish to be quoted, thank you.

ForeverECFC

Wouldnt suprise me remeber there being trouble with Bradford fans http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGDbT-L8TpA

Erico

Terrible news... Although insignificant, I hope to god it's not related to football.