• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tributes to Adam

davecg

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
So big bank gates open then. I'll be up there this morning paying my respects.

stfcinchard

Deepest condolances from me, everyone at STFC and everyone on the Townend Forum, our thoughts are with his family. RIP.

grrrrr21

i'll be coming down with my son to pay our respects with some flowers from the garden. i want his children (he did have a few didn't he?) to know how loved and respected their dad is/was.

ecfc01

What time will the park be open too?

STURTZ

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'll always see Adam leaving the pitch, arms aloft, receiving the applause and chants of Stanno after yet another tireless performance.

As a person I'll remember pulling off the M5 on the Tiverton exit to see Stanno, Marriot and Tully standing on the side of the road waiting for the team coach to take them to an away game. I drove around that bloody roundabout three times and all the time there was Stanno waving and laughing as I held my City scarf out of the window, shouting "City, City".

That roundabout will always remind me of a kind, gifted and whole hearted footballer called Adam Stansfield.

rick whitemore

Always gave 110% and played a massive part in the rise of ECFC, my thoughts are now with his family.

The Emperor

I'll be there later.

There should be a posthumous testimonial for Adam. Money raised for Marie and their children.

secret poster

Torquay fan here. Just wanted to say how very sorry I am to here of Adam's passing. He may have played for "The enemy" but all that is put aside when something like this happens. Please God, we can find a way of beating this dreadfull illness. Thoughts are with his family at this sad time. RIP Adam.

I am coming down from Chesterfield for the Brentford game (my annual trip) and wondered if the tribute flags, shirts etc to Adam are still on view, as I was hoping to see them and contribute something from the Chesterfield Grecians?