• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Travelling to Plymouth away

Hi all,

I realise this should probably be in the away days forum but I wanted to post here in order to reach as many fans as possible travelling down tomorrow. I am driving with my Brother and we were planning to park behind the park although this does concern me as I'm not entirely sure the park is the most well lit area, especially at night. Are any others planning on taking a similar course of action or does anyone know of anywhere better to park?

I would ideally like to park in their car park but it takes so long to get out it's a nightmare if you are working the next day and I need to get back to Taunton! I'm hoping someone might have a decent idea of what to do. At the minute I'm aiming for somewhere around inverdene or barn park road.

Up the City,
Somerset Grecian

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Park in Morrisons and risk a ticket. You'll thank me for it in time.

Or park on Milehouse road, you'll need to do this reasonably early though, have a wander to Stoke village and have a few beers in the many hostelries there.

How far is the Morrisons from the ground?! I'm just quite keen to avoid as much trouble as possible, I'm convinced despite the small number of us that the police will herd us towards their home end which is normally the opposite way to the way I want to go...

angelic upstart

Half a mile ish? same road (Outland road) as the ground, you'll pass it when you come off the motorway. You could park closer, in places like Segrave Road, but its too difficult to give directions :)

Thanks Angelic

RichardYoung

I always park in Weston Park Road/Peverell Park Road or any of the many side streets linking the two, then a 10-15min stroll up through the park direct to the away end, never had any problems (though wouldn't advocate wearing colours!) https://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=pl34nj&hl=en&sll=53.800651,-4.064941&sspn=7.023246,21.643066&hnear=Plymouth+PL3+4NJ,+United+Kingdom&t=m&z=16

I would strongly suggest leaving a few minutes before the end though. Normally I hate doing this, but last year after the game the entire away end was VERY slowly (about an hour) kettled by the police right around the stadium to the coaches in the main car park, regardless of your transport home. No-one was allowed to sneak away from the kettle to head into the park (which was completely quiet as all their numpties were of course waiting in the main car park!) I would anticipate the same clueless policing tomorrow night!

Last edited:

RichardYoung

Half a mile ish? same road (Outland road) as the ground, you'll pass it when you come off the motorway. You could park closer, in places like Segrave Road, but its too difficult to give directions :)
A motorway?! In Cornwall?!?? :eek:

Last edited:

Silver fox

has you come off the A38 and up the slip road past EDF on your left ,and 100yds or so further down on the left hand side.

angelic upstart

A motorway?! In Cornwall?!?? :eek:
Sorry, my mistake, the Devon Expressway.

Still reckon Morrisons area or segrave road/milehouse road area is easier and safer. No park and easier to park than the park roads in Peverell, especially in the evening.

Last edited:

graiser

With all due respect if you parked around the Barn Park road entrance you'll have to walk through the park, it's not lit and I wouldn't recommend that with some of the Neanderthals we have, no your buddies have mentioned Morrisons which leaves a straight 15-20 min walk along Outland Road which is well lit. You might also like to try the Railway Station Car Park and walk up Alma Road and enter the park by the Life Centre, well lit and about the same distance as Morrisons, hope it works out ok, except the result of course.