• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfers in/outs 2020/21 and Retained list

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yep, Excel had rounded up to 19. d'oh!
I think the same has happened to a few others like Joel Randall as well 🙂

ryancooper327

I think the same has happened to a few others like Joel Randall as well 🙂
Had a mare, updated for correctness (I hope...)

IndoMike

Also, is this about right? Not 100% on the new pros best positions - unlikely we will see them this season anyway. Obviously some massive gaps. Ordered by 20/21 squad number within position, no other reason!

View attachment 6091
When we play 3-5-2 not quite so many gaps, but yes, if we are serious about autos we need at least
1 LB
1 LCB
1 RW
2 CM
1 SS
2 ST

Busy time for Matt and his helpers.

Banksy

When we play 3-5-2 not quite so many gaps, but yes, if we are serious about autos we need at least
1 LB
1 LCB
1 RW
2 CM
1 SS
2 ST

Who’s the 1 SS Mike H Himmler? Now he’d really be an enforcer.

IndoMike

Who’s the 1 SS Mike H Himmler? Now he’d really be an enforcer.
Priti Patel.

ryancooper327

1 LB
1 LCB
1 RW
2 CM
1 SS
2 ST

Maybe a GK or 2 too... I think we need 10 players. 3/4 real quality and then good backups.

IndoMike

Maybe a GK or 2 too... I think we need 10 players. 3/4 real quality and then good backups.
Yes, looks like we need keepers

Fareham Grecian

Any chance of keeping this thread to official news and updates, and the definitive list of players, rather than chitchat?

grecIAN Harris

1 LB
1 LCB
1 RW
2 CM
1 SS
2 ST

It's easy seeing the gaps but it's filling the gaps with the right type of characteristics. The centre half, one of the central midfielders and even the centre forward need to have leadership qualities and potentially be captain. The only person who I see fitting that bill with what we currently have is Alex Hartridge. We need a central midfielder with some vision and ability on the ball to unlock the way to goal for our front line. And above all, we need some experience in there. We've got some great kids there but they lack experience and will need help and guidance even those like Collins and Sparkes who have a reasonable amount of experience of their own (comparable to their age).

IndoMike

It's easy seeing the gaps but it's filling the gaps with the right type of characteristics. The centre half, one of the central midfielders and even the centre forward need to have leadership qualities and potentially be captain. The only person who I see fitting that bill with what we currently have is Alex Hartridge. We need a central midfielder with some vision and ability on the ball to unlock the way to goal for our front line. And above all, we need some experience in there. We've got some great kids there but they lack experience and will need help and guidance even those like Collins and Sparkes who have a reasonable amount of experience of their own (comparable to their age).
Yes, Harris. I agree it's not easy to get the right people in.. There are many factors. Number one is that we need people who can adapt to living in a new environment : we need players with a mature attitude and good character (regardless of age) who see a transfer to City as a good opportunity and experience .
We need people who are fit and have a winning mentality. And we need a standard at least suitable for the upper reaches of Div 2 as a minimum requirement
I really hope and assume there are people at the club who are giving Matt a big hand with this. I must say that despite his faults
Steve Perryman must have been a great help to Tizzer. Who is Matt's Steve Perryman?