• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours etc

Memphis09

Am I the only one that actively rates Caprice?
As back up ok
Starter no

Memphis09

I think Jake is a good player but I find him frustrating to watch because he doesn't appear to be switched on all game and can play very risk free, choosing to cut back a lot. There are times when his movement ahead of the centre back, Sweenz or Hartridge, is static on the touchline near the halfway line making himself easy to mark and closing off space for the player to move into giving them fewer options. Then he will do something amazing and beat his man. It's what you know he is capable of against what he actually produces for a lot of the game. When he is on it he is almost unplayable, it's just getting in to that mindset more consistently.
He can be lazy when not in the mood

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
That's G-I-G banned from this tread then
I think a balance of older Grecians that fully understand club alongside youngsters is still good eg Matt Taylor plus we wouldn't have had the benefits of Stanno Jr.
Still think players like Stockley could do a job too.
UTC

Golden rule with transfers: the incoming player must be at least as good as the player leaving and for club improvement preferably better. No easy task when looking at the potential leavers and from past experience many years ago not achieved too many times(MT, on the whole, met this criteria, with the help of the Academy). There will be many debates about this in the Summer and Autumn, I think.
Agree with many comments on here regarding Jake, who at Sheffield showed what he can be capable of. I think I read somewhere he was our quickest player in a straight sprint?

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe, but JMT has been very injury prone and hasn't played since 3rd December. I'd say he's not a priority signing for anyone.
Sounds like Stubbs