• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Pete Martin (CTID)

Very well known Exeweb poster
There's no denying that Stockley is better than Bowman. One is worth £750k and the other a nominal fee. Paying anyone £7k per week is utterly bonkers however. That's £365k per year, or more than 10% of the Club's entire turnover (in a normal year).
In fact Stockley's career goals to games ratio is almost exactly on a par with Bowman's. Stockley's time with us is not typical of his entire record.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
When would we expect our 'mystery ' signings quarantine period due to be up, and would he be signing once it's up or when he is back in training? All as clear as mud
I imagine he has / had to have a medical, may not be feasible while in quarantine. Surely there must be an announcement soon, though?

Red Monster

In fact Stockley's career goals to games ratio is almost exactly on a par with Bowman's. Stockley's time with us is not typical of his entire record.
Yes but the difference is Ryan scored a lot of his goals at Torquay,
Hereford,York,Gateshead and Darlington playing non league

Grecian Max

Stockley is a goal machine at League 2 level, Bowman is a good player but nowhere near JS quality

Grecian Max

I know Stockley was a 'machine' and I really liked the guy, but I don't miss the type of football we were playing in order to get him his goals.
I think (and it won't happen) he'd fit in the Bowman position perfectly atm

jimbo-gould

Attacking wise I agree. We would lose some of the press we have if Stockley were to be here. Which he won't.

Red Devon

I imagine he has / had to have a medical, may not be feasible while in quarantine. Surely there must be an announcement soon, though?

Matt Taylor said last Thursday that it was possible to sign players using electronic forms.

Ash

He certainly would. I can think of a number of chances spurned early on in the season that JS would have gobbled up.

jrg333

I know Stockley was a 'machine' and I really liked the guy, but I don't miss the type of football we were playing in order to get him his goals.
Yeah it was such a drag watching the front three of Watkins, Stockley, and Wheeler, scoring 50 odd goals between them, wasn't it?

Have you not been supporting City very long or something? The Stockley era was ten times better than anything in the preceding decade or so. I agree we've played nicer stuff at times this year but looking back negatively on the period we had Stockley, Watkins and Wheeler? That's insane...

Rosencrantz

Yeah it was such a drag watching the front three of Watkins, Stockley, and Wheeler, scoring 50 odd goals between them, wasn't it?

Have you not been supporting City very long or something? The Stockley era was ten times better than anything in the preceding decade or so. I agree we've played nicer stuff at times this year but looking back negatively on the period we had Stockley, Watkins and Wheeler? That's insane...
That season was actually Watkins, Wheeler and Reid. Jayden didn't sign permanently from Aberdeen until after Ollie and Wheels had left. They were all together for the four months Jayden was on loan for after Tom Nichols left but I don't think that's the period you mean.

When Jayden came back we were to a large extent a one man goal threat as Jayden scored around a third of our goals. Our next most potent threat was Sweeney although mainly from the spot 🙂.

Our best team since we came down to L2 again was really that Ollie, Wheels and Reuban team that should have got promoted but for that really poor start which has been much discussed.