• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I’ll be crucified for being negative but I would have had higher hopes for both positions. One from a team not good enough for where we want to be and one that played for a team that finished 20th in the league were in.
Yeah like Eoin Doyle last season, couldn't hit a barn door for Bradford yet at Swindon couldn't stop scoring.
So that's our summer signings done then, roll on September, I'm pleased with Caprice, and I am sure McArdle will be solid but me thinks a centre back pairing with Parkes may be a Brick wall but not the quickest!

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Like the saying goes; "One swallow does not a summer make." so in football, "One player does not a football team make", or not in this case!
That’s right , a team is the sum of all the parts. I’m hopeful with both signings.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully two good signings. Caprice will probably be a good option at RWB as he looks good going forward

McArdle is the sort of experienced and no nonsense centre half that MT seems to love. Hopefully he’s a great leader and organiser for us.

Just shows Matt had enough budget to work with after all.

dommers

Nice to see that we've gone down the route of signing youngsters to improve (or not). Doesn't fill me with hope that we're going much from the likes of Seymour, Dean and Randall.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
With the youngsters likely to be used more, not surprised Matt has gone for new signings with experience. I guess we had higher targets but we're probably outbid by others which isn't surprising.

Not sure how likely it is that Ajose will find another club. He's likely to be on a decent wage and is possibly getting a bad reputation as someone who seems to have a hard time settling. Last season for him was underwhelming, if he does end up staying I would be expecting him to buckle down and show what he can do as would be very expensive warming the bench.

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
He's on a 3 year contract so he's obviously going to stay even if he doesn't kick a ball in 12 months.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.
Yes, assuming he doesn't find another club willing to pay him the same as us or close, which I think less likely given his form and how many players will be looking for new clubs in the current climate, and the clubs trimming budgets.

He does have some quality, but the big question is will he show it and be able to adapt to the way we are playing.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully two good signings. Caprice will probably be a good option at RWB as he looks good going forward

McArdle is the sort of experienced and no nonsense centre half that MT seems to love. Hopefully he’s a great leader and organiser for us.

Just shows Matt had enough budget to work with after all.
I heavily suspect his budget has or is in the process of being significantly enhanced. A expect an announcement shortly.

budegrecian

I heavily suspect his budget has or is in the process of being significantly enhanced. A expect an announcement shortly.
Fee agreed for Chrisene?

Long Lost Bee

If Exeter need a striker you need to get in quick for Marcus Forss here at Brentford on loan. He did well at Wimbledon and your style of play would suit him. It would be good to see him helping you in your quest for promotion. Get in quick gents, he’s not quite ready for the Championship yet.