• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Boyo

But the club's known footballing outgoings have been significantly reduced, by probably at least £10k a week, when we released eight players. I can't see how getting two players in for around 20 - 25% of that could be seen as "negligent".
What if we are forecasting revenue to be down by say £15k a week?

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Rosey doesn't think things are rosey.
Eh?
Difficult times.

IndoMike

Difficult times.
Just fooling around with language..🙄

Andy Holloway

Very unlikely as he is a "lefty" !
I thought Hants had banned political comments on Exeweb!

IndoMike

I thought Hants had banned political comments on Exeweb!
Considering he started a thread entitled "Politics" I doubt it. Poor old thing is regretting it : he's modding it 24/7 😂
Must say he takes his job incredibly seriously
Better get back to the topic fast or you might get BANNED!

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
But the club's known footballing outgoings have been significantly reduced, by probably at least £10k a week, when we released eight players. I can't see how getting two players in for around 20 - 25% of that could be seen as "negligent".
It is irresponsible to commit to increasing your spending when you dont have any idea of what your income will be. Whilst we shed 8 players, we have also lost circa £600k from our reserves and we have no idea when spectators can return. Hopefully the rumours about Chrisene are true and this will give us some extra leeway to bring in a few extra players.

benjisheps

It is irresponsible to commit to increasing your spending when you dont have any idea of what your income will be. Whilst we shed 8 players, we have also lost circa £600k from our reserves and we have no idea when spectators can return. Hopefully the rumours about Chrisene are true and this will give us some extra leeway to bring in a few extra players.
yep hopefully the Chrisene rumours are true and we can bring in some additional players besides the two players that have already been offered contracts and sent out 😏

Spoonz Red E

I don't quite see it like that.

I'm not being blasé about the current situation but we also have to accept it's across the board, affecting our competitors too.
The funding crisis at our level needs a bigger solution than we can conjur up ourselves.

We certainly have to cut costs to a minimum but our base level costs are guided by us still being entered into the EFL League 2 and assorted Cups. We need to give ourselves the chance to be competitive.

Matt has said he wanted 2 players and has made verbal contract offers. He's unloaded 8 players. The Club have also shed a few SJP and training Ground staff. That's the cost cutting we have to make and we've made it.

It's a false economy if we cut so hard on the playing side that we slip out of the Football League again, have no chance of Cup windfall money or destroy any squad spirit that has been built up over at the training ground for many years.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players back in training tomorrow and with MT saying he hoped the new signings would be able to join for the start of training I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet, even if there were issues with one of the signings, you'd have thought the other would be announced, unless of course there's issues with both.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players back in training tomorrow and with MT saying he hoped the new signings would be able to join for the start of training I'm surprised we haven't heard anything yet, even if there were issues with one of the signings, you'd have thought the other would be announced, unless of course there's issues with both.
Not sure why, but when we didn’t hear anything on Monday, I had a feeling we’d have to wait till the players returned on Thursday....I am hopeful we will have good news tomorrow but things can change so quickly in football. It’s nice that Matt is honest enough to say he’s offered deals to players, but at the same time, that does raise fans’ expectations, so it’s a risky strategy.