• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just dont believe that the club would be so negligent as to allow a manager to increase the clubs known outgoings, without the financial comfort of a windfall. I know what Taylor has said to the media, but I dont see that this detracts from the message I have tried to convey. These are tough times and our first priority as a business is to still exist in 12 months time. I am not sure that all our fanbase truly get this at the minute.
So you’re saying Matt is lying then and we’ve not committed to contracts for these two new players?

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Agree Max, We aint PL fans who "Demand" big money signings, We all know too well we're at the bottom of the food chain and i can't think of anyone on here who think things are rosey.
Rosey doesn't think things are rosey.
Eh?

Colesman Ballz

Agree Max, We aint PL fans who "Demand" big money signings, We all know too well we're at the bottom of the food chain and i can't think of anyone on here who think things are rosey.
I think you have overlooked one obvious exception, DB, who believes that we have available the entire national wealth of an Arab oil rich state to spend on our women's team alone, and then of course there's his new 25000 all seater out of town stadium. Although he could never go there to watch our women play, because it wouldn't be in Exeter ! 😎

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Hopefully an announcement today on our 2 signings, unless of course they've slipped through the net. Wouldn't be the first time.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Substantial fee for Chrisene has been agreed
Fact OC? If so, good news. Any idea on how substantial?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Fact OC? If so, good news. Any idea on how substantial?
Around 500k + add ons

memoman

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just dont believe that the club would be so negligent as to allow a manager to increase the clubs known outgoings, without the financial comfort of a windfall. I know what Taylor has said to the media, but I dont see that this detracts from the message I have tried to convey. These are tough times and our first priority as a business is to still exist in 12 months time. I am not sure that all our fanbase truly get this at the minute.
But the club's known footballing outgoings have been significantly reduced, by probably at least £10k a week, when we released eight players. I can't see how getting two players in for around 20 - 25% of that could be seen as "negligent".

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
One of the signings wouldn't be Brennan Dickenson would it? It's gone very quiet about him.

C j phill

One of the signings wouldn't be Brennan Dickenson would it? It's gone very quiet about him.
I'd be disappointed if it was. He didn't look anything special in any of the games I watched him play in.

Colesman Ballz

Very unlikely as he is a "lefty" !