• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Me too although he didn’t play that well when in the playoff’s shop window.
Clubs don't sign players based on one performance, SB.

benjisheps

Martin, you must have heard Taylor talking last week about 2 Players verbally accepting contracts and he’s made it clear budget was available to make those signings.

Yes, any further signings (beyond said two players) would depend on any further income such as a Watkins sell on or Williams being sold, but to think these 2 players who have said they will join us, will sit in limbo until we get extra income (that may not arrive this window) is ludicrous...
100% spot on here. Martin you keep saying we can’t sign anyone but MT has literally come out on Friday and said two contracts have been sent out and the players have verbally agreed and he hoped they would be all set to start pre-season on Thursday!

Ash

Me too although he didn’t play that well when in the playoff’s shop window.
MOTM in the play off second leg was a pretty decent effort tbf.

Banksy

I expect any signings we make will be made after we have received windfall money from Chrisene and (hopefully) Watkins. Could be a wait yet.
You’d think any money from Chrisene would be ring fenced for the youth setup but who knows in the current climate? Watkins , we’ll be waiting a while I guess but hopefully not too long.Hope it isn’t restricted by the rumoured release clause. ( See my link about Leeds on the dedicated Watkins thread.)

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
100% spot on here. Martin you keep saying we can’t sign anyone but MT has literally come out on Friday and said two contracts have been sent out and the players have verbally agreed and he hoped they would be all set to start pre-season on Thursday!
I just dont believe that the club would be so negligent as to allow a manager to increase the clubs known outgoings, without the financial comfort of a windfall. I know what Taylor has said to the media, but I dont see that this detracts from the message I have tried to convey. These are tough times and our first priority as a business is to still exist in 12 months time. I am not sure that all our fanbase truly get this at the minute.

IndoMike

I just dont believe that the club would be so negligent as to allow a manager to increase the clubs known outgoings, without the financial comfort of a windfall. I know what Taylor has said to the media, but I dont see that this detracts from the message I have tried to convey. These are tough times and our first priority as a business is to still exist in 12 months time. I am not sure that all our fanbase truly get this at the minute.
Maybe the club knows something that we don't know. Maybe there's an installment due on Jay Stansfield or an agreement already reached with Villa
Or maybe having released around 8 or 9 senior professionals there is spare money for a couple of replacements
Don't think either the club or Matt would wish to risk the club's finances or that Matt would say he has already sent out two contracts if he wasn't serious about it. That would be out of character

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Maybe the club knows something that we don't know. Maybe there's an installment due on Jay Stansfield or an agreement already reached with Villa
Or maybe having released around 8 or 9 senior professionals there is spare money for a couple of replacements
Don't think either the club or Matt would wish to risk the club's finances or that Matt would say he has already sent out two contracts if he wasn't serious about it. That would be out of character
I heavily suspect you are right. Maybe the compo for Chrisene is already agreed and that is what will fund our two new additions that MT has alluded to. Fingers crossed.

older-codger

I heavily suspect you are right. Maybe the compo for Chrisene is already agreed and that is what will fund our two new additions that MT has alluded to. Fingers crossed.
Substantial fee for Chrisene has been agreed

Grecian Max

Given that we're all living it, I think most do.

DB9

Given that we're all living it, I think most do.
Agree Max, We aint PL fans who "Demand" big money signings, We all know too well we're at the bottom of the food chain and i can't think of anyone on here who think things are rosey.