• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

JCWhoosh

Dommers says Taylor has done nothing worthy of praise. That type of statement - an exaggeration without any supporting data or justification and clearly designed to provoke a response - imo is trolling, although as I said I don't usually use that word..
Whilst Taylor has not always gotten it right and there have been disappointments, there have also been good moments : beating Argyle 4-0, other good performances and victories in the league and other competitions, the continued development of some of the youngsters, some successful signings. To say Taylor has done NOTHING praiseworthy clearly is unfair and not backed up by reality.
Too true. Give MT time to rebuild. He has got such a low budget and has worked well bringing in the youth players so we need to be patient. I think people often are too unrealistic or idealistic as to how ECFC should perform each game, like we have a divine right to win every game by 3 clear goals by playing super attacking attractive football on bowling green pitches. This is league 2, not Liverpool in the Premier. It is a tough league with hoof ball mentality. Look at the transition phase that Man UTD are going through with 'top managers' and £m's thrown in. We do so well to get to the playoffs year on year so enjoy the ride and keep supporting win, lose or draw.

dommers

To say Taylor has done NOTHING praiseworthy clearly is unfair and not backed up by reality.
Fair comment and probably an exaggeration on my part. Although I stand by my comment the style of football being dreadful. It reminds of Inglethorpe which was equally dire and not I style I want to watch. As for standing still Taylor has been lucky had had some big transfer fees. Money from Watkins, Ampadu, Storey and Stockley and can't help but feel we've wasted it and experienced players whilst ignoring the youth team which is what we've made money from in the first place.

dommers

Then do what you use to tell others when they complained about our former manager, It's that simple.
Which is what?

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Which is what?
Anyone dissing your messiah was told to go and support another club. Quite a common reference during his reign.

dommers

Anyone dissing your messiah was told to go and support another club. Quite a common reference during his reign.
Not sure I ever said support another club although if you can find me quoting that then let me know.

DB9

Not sure I ever said support another club although if you can find me quoting that then let me know.
Not going to trawl through threads years back but it was a common theme when people upset about results and were told that.

dommers

Not going to trawl through threads years back but it was a common theme when people upset about results and were told that.
Sorry, thought you were talking about what I said.

Banksy

Sad that the season was stopped short dommers because we’ll never know now whether the extra budget cash he had was indeed wasted.Was our drop off in form a blip ( which allowed Plymouth into our promotion spot of course ) , or would we have got autos in a full season so we could then say he’d used the extra well?
He’s got a lot to do this season because his budget will be smaller and other clubs are spending on their squads , and for myself , I’m inclined to think we’ve missed a real opportunity this past season and may have to accept consolidating in mid table for a while. I guess I’ve seen too many nearly a good team seasons over the years which colours my thinking.That’s why I’ve downgraded Matt to Prince from King until he really proves himself in my eyes.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Liam Shephard left FGR at the end of the season, very good league 2 full back / wing back.

I also like Caprice as he is very quick, our back line was very slow last season.
I liked Caprice as well

IndoMike

Fair comment and probably an exaggeration on my part. Although I stand by my comment the style of football being dreadful. It reminds of Inglethorpe which was equally dire and not I style I want to watch. As for standing still Taylor has been lucky had had some big transfer fees. Money from Watkins, Ampadu, Storey and Stockley and can't help but feel we've wasted it and experienced players whilst ignoring the youth team which is what we've made money from in the first place.
Don''t forget any incoming transfer money is split 3 ways over 3 seasons. That means 1/9 of that income is dedicated to the playing staff per season. Not peanuts for us but not life- changing either.
Regarding the dire football, most people consider our pitch to be pretty awful once it starts to break up. If I remember correctly, it was Tis who wanted the new pitch and it was done in his era. I'm no expert on pitches but it seems something went wrong. If you combine two factors : Div 2 players and poor pitch, it's not exactly a recipe for flowing football.
Thirdly, I'm surprised that you criticise Taylor's handling of the young 'uns. They all got good experience playing men's football and/or the EFL cup and that other thingy, and I think we might see some of our Div 2 line-ups with Sparkes, Collins, Randall and Dean or Key for example in the same match . I don't think he:s held them back but he is making sure they are ready.
I haven't agreed with all Matt's selections and it's true sometimes we have been carp (Hartlepool in the FA Cup; the playoff final, for example) but for the reasons I stated before I'd say he has done fairly well and hopefully is still learning .