• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

SimonBB

Josh Pask is being rumoured on one of those Twitter feeds. At least this is a position we need.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Josh Pask is being rumoured on one of those Twitter feeds. At least this is a position we need.
From the West Ham academy, sent to Coventry for three years in 2019 and only six appearances interesting one?

He did have the balls to reject Arsenal when they came sniffing around though as a youngster

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Looks like Coventry are trying to move a few on to balance the books.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I hope he isn't Pask it.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
In fact Stockley's career goals to games ratio is almost exactly on a par with Bowman's. Stockley's time with us is not typical of his entire record.
Absolutely spot on Pete......Just like the maestro something of an enigma.

Looking back over his career which included eight loan spells while with his parent Club Bournemouth before his loan to us and his subsequent transfer to Aberdeen he was not a particularly prolific scorer anywhere apart from when he was with us.

That sequence has continued as during his time with PNE he has only scored 8 goals in 65 appearances.

Grecian Max

Yeah it was such a drag watching the front three of Watkins, Stockley, and Wheeler, scoring 50 odd goals between them, wasn't it?

Have you not been supporting City very long or something? The Stockley era was ten times better than anything in the preceding decade or so. I agree we've played nicer stuff at times this year but looking back negatively on the period we had Stockley, Watkins and Wheeler? That's insane...
:D hahaha as has been mentioned, that wasn't the front three...

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't get this fixation with JS being a wonder striker as Sexton points out other than with us (and a loan period at Woking) his track record has been less than impressive. He performed well with us because our style of play at the time suited him similar to Eoin Doyle and Swindon last year.

Jayden is a lovely bloke and I really appreciate his time with us, but similar to Bowman I can still recall some glaring misses, unlikely to come here as from Twitter several other clubs with bigger pockets in the food chain above us are rumoured to be looking at him. We probably don't have a sell on clause so not a realistic option let's move on - Kabongo Tshimanga anybody

Grecian in Guzz

Well-known Exeweb poster
From the West Ham academy, sent to Coventry for three years in 2019 and only six appearances interesting one?

He did have the balls to reject Arsenal when they came sniffing around though as a youngster
Will hopefully settle in well with Pagey (another x Hammer).
UTC

Banksy

I don't get this fixation with JS being a wonder striker as Sexton points out other than with us (and a loan period at Woking) his track record has been less than impressive. He performed well with us because our style of play at the time suited him similar to Eoin Doyle and Swindon last year.

Jayden is a lovely bloke and I really appreciate his time with us, but similar to Bowman I can still recall some glaring misses, unlikely to come here as from Twitter several other clubs with bigger pockets in the food chain above us are rumoured to be looking at him. We probably don't have a sell on clause so not a realistic option let's move on - Kabongo Tshimanga anybody
Maybe Matt hasn’t got the balls to take a chance on someone like Kabongo because he’s still up tight about his mistake with Ajose. Perhaps he wont want to take the gamble of having yet another forward on his hands who doesn’t contribute with regular goals. I wonder if he’ll skip signing one in the window and just concentrate on tightening up the defence. Of course he could always go for a short term loanee I suppose , surely we need someone different up front to buck us up for the final push.

StudentGrecian

We top the goal scoring charts by some way, having played less games then everyone else in the league. Not sure why everyone is so hung up on strikers, when the glaring problem is our back line. Thankfully, MT appears to be prioritising that.
A loan ST wouldn’t go a miss, but only if affordable, no need to spend money on players like Tshimanga in January. Our strike force is certainly not what has cost us the most points so far this season!