• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

angelic upstart

Very well known Exeweb poster
Nonsense, what can’t you do in the south west as a 20 something bloke that you can do elsewhere?
Visit a proper nightclub

manc grecian

It is nonsense, I grew up just outside Exeter and moved away to University at 18. I’m well aware of how desirable it is. Many people my age (mid 30’s) would love to live and work in the SW (in my case there is no work in my field in the region).

There seems to be a weird provincial ‘woe is me’ feeling among folk from Devon that it is miles from anything and impossible to get to.
The reality is that in 3 hrs you can be in London, Birmingham or in my case home in Northampton.
Or you can live in Birmingham and not have to travel 3hrs to do stuff

Snakebite

Well-known Exeweb poster
You need to look harder if you think you need to travel 3hrs from Exeter to do stuff.

dontpassback

the south west is a very nice place to live,and before anyone starts off about transport links,it’s worth remembering that we have a very handy airport with flights to Scotland,Manchester etc and a decent motorway link.Not all footballers want the high life and if any potential signing is shown the best parts this area has to offer it would be hard to resist.if you had a family would you want to raise them in an area with plenty of sunshine and beaches or somewhere up north ? My dads family came from the midlands loved it here and never went back,but maybe not all people appreciate what we have here

manc grecian

You need to look harder if you think you need to travel 3hrs from Exeter to do stuff.
You don't have to travel 3hrs but if you fancied doing those things on a regular basis then it becomes a bit of a chore

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
It's simple really, Devon is hard to get to and from. There's two professional clubs within 50 miles of Exeter.

Good rugby players are happy to sign for Exeter because they're the best team in the country. City, sadly aren't.

Exeter uni, similar to St Andrews I'd guess is popular because it's considered an excellent uni.
Aren't we supposed to be considered a good place for younger players to develop.

The narrative is all a bit negative.

There are positive aspects about the area and the club that we should be highlighting.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Where are league 2 players living in and around London ??

50 square foot bedsits ???

Hardly the stuff of dreams, I'd rather sacrifice the odd concert for a nicer place to live !!

manc grecian

Hardly the stuff of dreams, I'd rather sacrifice the odd concert for a nicer place to live !!
Come and live in Exeter home of cheap house prices

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come and live in Exeter home of cheap house prices
Relative to some areas it is.

The problem is, if offered a one year deal with us, they have to uproot potential family, for 1 years work and then may need to move again, in other areas players may not need to move, thus letting their partners careers continue.