• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
As Malcolm said, I can see some tweaks to the rules if that was the case, offering the best possible outcome for pro players, otherwise a lot won't play again until August!

STURTZ

Remember one window when we sold Mackie, everybody was on here expecting a buy, nothing happened. (Think Tisdale put in a gestural bid for James Constable that was never going to be accepted). Mass disillusion amongst the angry masses but we went on to get promotion anyway. Phillips, Stanno, Challiner and Logie stepped up to the plate and we won the play offs. (Not saying that will happen this year though🙄)

Rosencrantz

Tisdale doesn't matter..I was just illustrating the similarity in why we didn't achieve what we set out to achieve...
Based on the assumption that Matt didn't have alternative plans which we don't yet know. Other clubs and managers enter the January window with targets in mind and come out the other side without them. That happens every year. Whether that is an excuse or something that can and does happen is down to your viewpoint obviously.

Red Devon

Well, all eyes on the Conference. 28 days to return the vote to curtail the season. Will be 100s of players on furlough or free agents if that happens...
Is there any indication as yet which way the vote is likely to go?

Squeezebox

I'm always surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this. I like Bowman but, invariably, when he jumps for a high ball he's hit the ground again before it reaches him.
I can't work out if this is a deliberate tactic? More often than not it just looks like he has completely mistimed his jump, however, on occasions, it does seem to unsettle his marker and he wins the ball easily. Unfortunately he seems to jump early most of the time and for the most part it doesn't work.

JCWhoosh

I'm always surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this. I like Bowman but, invariably, when he jumps for a high ball he's hit the ground again before it reaches him.
I'm wondering whether he is getting in position early to then invite contact when a defender comes over him? He always seemed to get penalised if he goes up for a 50/50. He always certainly used to know how to jump so whether he is told this as tactical? Maybe a direct question to the man himself or we will never know.

Rosencrantz

You want as a striker to jump early in order to stop the defender pinning you down and getting up over you for an easy header. It's harder for the defender to jump if you are already off the ground so you have more chance of winning the ball or getting a free kick for the defender coming through you. Ryan does sometimes jump too early though as Egg says.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Incoming?

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Incoming?
The tweets been deleted. o_O

milts

The tweets been deleted. o_O
What teeet?