• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

ryancooper327

We should think ourselves lucky, imagine something like this happening here!

Breaking | Marseille manager André Villas-Boas announces that he has offered his resignation this morning after the club signed Olivier Ntcham when he didn't want him. More follows.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
We should think ourselves lucky, imagine something like this happening here!

Breaking | Marseille manager André Villas-Boas announces that he has offered his resignation this morning after the club signed Olivier Ntcham when he didn't want him. More follows.
Wow.

Read this:

Andre Villas-Boas: Marseille manager offers resignation over club's 'sporting policy' - BBC Sport

malcolms

Very well known Exeweb poster
We don't know how far down the list we got though do we. At some point you are into players you are not sure of or taking a complete punt. I would rather we not sign anyone rather than sign someone that does not, in the managers view, fit with what he wants. Any signing comes with risk and every manager makes bad signings at times. Hopefully Matt is learning from his mistakes with regards to recruitment. All manager's who are successful do but will still not get a 100% strike rate.

I know you have been inside the game and scouting has been a bugbear with you for a long time. But I think presuming that Matt didn't have a plan B or plan C...etc is being a bit, well, presumptuous.
It may or may not be presumptuous, but I said it sounded like a PT excuse and it is, almost word for word.

Rosencrantz

It may or may not be presumptuous, but I said it sounded like a PT excuse and it is, almost word for word.
Which part is an excuse, PT or otherwise although not sure why PT matters in this. We wanted to sign a certain type of player. We made attempts to do so (how many none of us know). None of the attempts came to fruition for whatever reasons, there could be many. We wait for the next window. That happens all the time in football.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
And another thing, if Wilmott is such a good crosser, could Bowman perhaps review his jumping technique?
I'm always surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this. I like Bowman but, invariably, when he jumps for a high ball he's hit the ground again before it reaches him.

malcolms

Which part is an excuse, PT or otherwise although not sure why PT matters in this. We wanted to sign a certain type of player. We made attempts to do so (how many none of us know). None of the attempts came to fruition for whatever reasons, there could be many. We wait for the next window. That happens all the time in football.
Tisdale doesn't matter..I was just illustrating the similarity in why we didn't achieve what we set out to achieve...

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
I've heard we tried to sign Maynard however he chose Newport instead.
We weren't in for Maynard. I think that is the right decision as well.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I'm always surprised there hasn't been more discussion of this. I like Bowman but, invariably, when he jumps for a high ball he's hit the ground again before it reaches him.
It's been mentioned quite a few times.

Benjisheps14

Milwaukee, Wisconsin (but formerly Bude, Cornwall)
Well, all eyes on the Conference. 28 days to return the vote to curtail the season. Will be 100s of players on furlough or free agents if that happens...
Yes, but they will become 'free agents' after the transfer deadline has passed so wouldn't be able to be signed by league clubs. At least that is my interpretation of the situation.

malcolms

Yes, but they will become 'free agents' after the transfer deadline has passed so wouldn't be able to be signed by league clubs. At least that is my interpretation of the situation.
Well someone is going to be liable to pay them. If the season is curtailed then some arrangement will have to be found for a lot of players who have contracts...