• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Could end up with another Nicky Ajose .
Didn’t Agard have a bad
injury?
haha are we going to say this about every new striker?

Banksy

Well , at those sort of wages Agard is too rich for our blood even assuming the rumour is true.
31 too.

Trapdoor

I think we should be looking in non-league and the premiership academies more than L1...

Alistair20000

I think we should be looking in non-league and the premiership academies more than L1...
We have never been much good (at least in recent times) at picking up the budding talent down the food chain. Great academy of course but too many underperforming players and crocks brought in from the EFL.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Rightly or wrongly Taylor must view Agard as an oven ready option. I believe his wage demands are likely to scupper any deal though.

Red Bill

Apparently we have offered a contract to Kieran Agard however his 4.5k a week wages at MK Dons have proved a stumbling block.

MK Dons want shot of him however he's content to sit on his contract unless any offer is very close to his current terms.
Maybe a L1 club would take him but I expect there are loads of L2 clubs with a quarter of a million quid left in their £1.5M budgets that will be queuing up to sign him!

JCWhoosh

Don't know about anyone else but I'm hopeful in what MT brings in. Hopefully just enough to turn this team in to a very decent league 2 unit to kick off the second half of the season. We always have a dip and have struggled with genuine wide players in Randall and Williams being injured on top of a decent goal scoring midfielder in JT. Get those players back soon will be like new signings + a couple of extras to shake up the squad. Bowman hasn't had to compete for his shirt so maybe bring more out of him if we get a good striker.

ChardGrecian

The problems recently seem to be the inability to get good balls into the box. Jay has proved he can put them away and even has Bowman although he is not a natural and misses a lot of easy chances. The loss of Williams and Randell coupled with Jake being out have made us easy to stop. Caprice, Sparkes and Key have not been the answer - Key was better yesterday at right back.

IndoMike

The problems recently seem to be the inability to get good balls into the box. Jay has proved he can put them away and even has Bowman although he is not a natural and misses a lot of easy chances. The loss of Williams and Randell coupled with Jake being out have made us easy to stop. Caprice, Sparkes and Key have not been the answer - Key was better yesterday at right back.
I don't think Bowman is very good at being in the right position or attacking the ball with regard to heading, and for a big bloke he doesn't get many headed goals. Having said that, it also helps that he gets good service

Red Devon

If it was within budget an audacious bid for out of contract in the summer Colchester winger Callum Harriott would be advised.