• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
whilst I too have been keen on getting Kane back for the reasons you mention, I don’t think we can/should sign any players until we know when we will have an income again.
Presumably we would only be interested in signing Kane if Randell left in which case we would have some transfer income to spend.

Colesman Ballz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Am surprised that JMT was only on a 2yr contract at FC Franchise. He was a great player but unfortunately has become far too injury prone to be of any interest.

Positive spin

George Friend would be a fantastic signing especially if Aaron Martin were to leave.

He would no doubt have to take a massive pay cut but would the thought of returning to his Devon roots help entice him.

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
Come home George and captain us to glory in your twilight years as a player

budegrecian

JMT - Loved him, but would command a decent wage & as CB says to injury prone.
Tom - Love him too, but, with Ajose & Seymour under contract, I don't think could justify his signing .
Sercs - ditto, but we have a strong midfield already so, much as I would be delighted to see him back, I think it's unlikely.
George - I'm with PS & Snoop, all the way!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Wasn't that because he fell out with Tisdale? He may be more receptive to returning with a former teammate as manager.

Either way, we're well stocked in CM with seniors and youngsters.
His career changed for the better when he moved to Oxford United and was played in a more attacking role.

dontpassback

if I was matt Taylor,I would be making tentative enquiry’s to George about his future plans,I don’t know about boros financial clout but a new deal won’t be a long one so it would be nice to have him back,however I know he likes the north east and has got fully involved in the community there,but like Deano maybe a trip back to Devon would be tempting!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
if I was matt Taylor,I would be making tentative enquiry’s to George about his future plans,I don’t know about boros financial clout but a new deal won’t be a long one so it would be nice to have him back,however I know he likes the north east and has got fully involved in the community there,but like Deano maybe a trip back to Devon would be tempting!
Would love to see George come back he was consistently a good performer each time he has been with the Club. However he is only 32, 33 this October, so can’t see him dropping down to our level just yet....although it may be a different story if we are League One next season.

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
I'd have thought that Gorgeous George will get another year or two at Middlesbrough. Woodgate seems to like him and his attitude from what i've read.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I just can’t see Friend coming back anytime soon. He must be on big money at Boro and he’s still good enough for another contract there.

Perhaps he will come back in a couple of years, but I’d be amazed if he came back now