• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Listen to Taylor eulogising Ajose and how he’s the last piece of the puzzle, the board have backed him above and beyond, he is going to be a perfect foil for Bowman..... absolute disaster.
So what would you rather have Maynard linking and moving the ball around with Williams, Randall, Collins, Jay etc. or lumping the ball to Bowman and his lethal finishing?!
Age doesn’t come into it at all levels, our case would be Cureton or on the big stage Ronaldo. Maynard would have given us a massive lift. A gamble maybe but probably one with more success than Ajose.
One of the most incoherent posts I've read for a while.

You are Donald Trump and I claim my five pounds.

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
Curo just clicked with with us. He suited us and we suited him and he could show the undoubted quality he had in his career which at the time looked like it had run it's course. Maynard at 34 could have gone either way. He is more akin to an Ajose type striker, albeit one with more recent L2 pedigree but IMO not in Curo's league. And also fitting in with the way we are currently set up, I'm not sure he would be best fit.

Although we didn't end up getting a striker in which is disappointing as it was clearly an aim, we will have to wait and see what Matt says happened. It doesn't seem for the want of trying as Matt said we had put offers in, but it is better than panicking and signing someone who didn't have the qualities or potential we wanted. Maybe that is a lesson Matt has learnt.

malcolms

Curo just clicked with with us. He suited us and we suited him and he could show the undoubted quality he had in his career which at the time looked like it had run it's course. Maynard at 34 could have gone either way. He is more akin to an Ajose type striker, albeit one with more recent L2 pedigree but IMO not in Curo's league. And also fitting in with the way we are currently set up, I'm not sure he would be best fit.

Although we didn't end up getting a striker in which is disappointing as it was clearly an aim, we will have to wait and see what Matt says happened. It doesn't seem for the want of trying as Matt said we had put offers in, but it is better than panicking and signing someone who didn't have the qualities or potential we wanted. Maybe that is a lesson Matt has learnt.
Sorry, but this sounds too much like the excuses we got from PT...If you don't get plan A than you have to have a plan B or if necessary a plan C.... We are in desperate need of someone who knows players and who is likely to become available. It seems Matt is not that person so you need someone.

ExmouthMart

Honestly haven’t had a drink must be my Exmouth Comp education.... note to self try better next time.

IndoMike

You obviously haven't read any of mine 🙄😉

andrew p long

Honestly haven’t had a drink must be my Exmouth Comp education.... note to self try better next time.
Well I understood your previous post OK. So perhaps its the two of us!

arthur

Well, all eyes on the Conference. 28 days to return the vote to curtail the season. Will be 100s of players on furlough or free agents if that happens...
If we can't get a prem/championship young player on loan, then surely this is the place we should be looking for a striker? Competing with other L1/2 clubs in a pool of people of limited talent seems a fairly fruitless exercise.

And another thing, if Wilmott is such a good crosser, could Bowman perhaps review his jumping technique?

Rosencrantz

Sorry, but this sounds too much like the excuses we got from PT...If you don't get plan A than you have to have a plan B or if necessary a plan C.... We are in desperate need of someone who knows players and who is likely to become available. It seems Matt is not that person so you need someone.
We don't know how far down the list we got though do we. At some point you are into players you are not sure of or taking a complete punt. I would rather we not sign anyone rather than sign someone that does not, in the managers view, fit with what he wants. Any signing comes with risk and every manager makes bad signings at times. Hopefully Matt is learning from his mistakes with regards to recruitment. All manager's who are successful do but will still not get a 100% strike rate.

I know you have been inside the game and scouting has been a bugbear with you for a long time. But I think presuming that Matt didn't have a plan B or plan C...etc is being a bit, well, presumptuous.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
You've been banging that same drum for a long time. I'm not saying you're wrong but our recruitment hasn't been a total disaster either.

Unfortunately right now I guess it's not possible for people to go out to watch players OR the matches aren't being played anyway.

ExmouthMart

As I have said previously it’s very frustrating, let’s be honest it’s always frustrating supporting Exeter. We lay out a small fortune in wages on one player and it’s failed spectacularly.
The run in to the end of the season is going to be difficult and the preparation for next season even more challenging for Taylor. Hopefully we can find a few decent players to steady the ship to add to Andresson and Willmott next season and whoever else is left we can be competitive and entertaining.