• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Rumours 2020/21

exeips

jimmy

We know about the lazy and general journalism of the 'Live' group (such as Devonlive, Birminghamlive etc.). However, the fact that The Athletic are stating a strong interest from Celtic means it may have some legs.

I know many are just jumping on The Athletic bandwagon as the saviour of football journalism but in my experience it is good.

Might be one of those players that we never really get to see enough of. :(

Oh well, if he goes, good luck to the bey...and more money in the nest egg.

Banksy

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trouble is , our team will start to break up again , first the Matt Jay rumour and now Randell. Sure we’ll have another couple of million to play with but at what cost , not all will be allocated to the team.They’ll for sure be replaced by a couple of past their sell by date League Two type journeymen and off we go again , or not as the case may be.It’d be nice to get to League One before the team gets broken up.

jimmy

Trouble is , our team will start to break up again , first the Matt Jay rumour and now Randell. Sure we’ll have another couple of million to play with but at what cost , not all will be allocated to the team.They’ll for sure be replaced by a couple of past their sell by date League Two type journeymen and off we go again , or not as the case may be.It’d be nice to get to League One before the team gets broken up.
It would be nice, and like I said, to see a little more of these amazing talents before they move on.

If this rumour is true, it may be too much to stand in the way of...

IndoMike

It's our reality, Banksy. At least we have a steady, very good source of income at the moment, although covid losses are gradually eating away the profits. Was hoping the Watkins money would provide the dough for the final push, but covid put a stop to that (I guess).
Hope Randall doesn't leave, but I think the club should ask for 2m plus 20% sell-on if he does.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
I didn't know that his Dad was a footballer (Adrian Randall of Burnley and York City).

Banksy

Mike , yes in view of what happened with Ollie I agree.That sort of sum you state should be our starting point.It would be nice if he went to somewhere like Brentford too , at least we’d be treated fairly by them. No bleddy Chelseas.

Jimmy ....’ If this rumour is true, it may be too much to stand in the way of...’

Agreed but as said above we need to negotiate as big a deal as possible obviously , no peanuts , with Ollie Watkins and Mattie Grimes fees being a good yardstick to go on. It will be a hard one to bite on having to break up the team , at least let’s make the bidder pay through the nose for the privilage.

Trapdoor

JR looks like great value for a championship side at £2m to be honest. If we let him go for less than that we are being robbed.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Mike , yes in view of what happened with Ollie I agree.That sort of sum you state should be our starting point.It would be nice if he went to somewhere like Brentford too , at least we’d be treated fairly by them. No bleddy Chelseas.

Jimmy ....’ If this rumour is true, it may be too much to stand in the way of...’

Agreed but as said above we need to negotiate as big a deal as possible obviously , no peanuts , with Ollie Watkins and Mattie Grimes fees being a good yardstick to go on. It will be a hard one to bite on having to break up the team , at least let’s make the bidder pay through the nose for the privilage.
£1.5 million for Randall would be good business but can't see him leaving until the summer.

Ash

£1.5 million for Randall would be good business but can't see him leaving until the summer.
I think that sounds like a reasonably fair fee, nothing more.