• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Transfer Deadline Day Thread

exespur

1000008106.jpg

milts

I assume he is a centre back? Wasn't a priority position for me

SaintJames

If a right sided defender i assume in as additional cover for Aimson and/or Sweenz as we will have inevitable suspensions and injuries

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
True, but I suppose you can’t have too many good players in the CB, particularly as Diabate seems to be in and out with injury and he’s going to directly compete with Sweeney.

denzel

Very well known Exeweb poster
If true, it must mean we wanted to get a defender in last week, but failed. Alfie Pond?

Deffo won’t be for cover. Very highly rated

Colesman Ballz

Deffo won’t be for cover. Very highly rated
If he is highly rated it is surprising that he has not already been signed up elsewhere ? Maybe there other problems in the background ? If this happens it will be interesting to see the length of his contract, maybe seen as insurance against the possible sale of Hartridge this season ?

milts

True, but I suppose you can’t have too many good players in the CB, particularly as Diabate seems to be in and out with injury and he’s going to directly compete with Sweeney.
True. Will push Cheick further down the pecking order (I assume).

Rosencrantz

If he is highly rated it is surprising that he has not already been signed up elsewhere ? Maybe there other problems in the background ? If this happens it will be interesting to see the length of his contract, maybe seen as insurance against the possible sale of Hartridge this season ?
Just because he is out of contract doesn't automatically mean there is a problem. Tom Carroll went all last season without a club because he didn't feel he had the right offer. It looks like Fitzwater decided he wanted a fresh challenge. Obviously he is still looking for the right opportunity for him. Whether he is any good or not we will see in the fullness of time as usual, if he does indeed sign.

Grecian Max

Probably just someone willing to wait for the right offer, the transfer window doesn't really mean anything to free agents; they can take their time to find the right place.