• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Top 10 City players who had potential but we didnt see enough of?

Oldsmobile-88

Very well known Exeweb poster
Dixie McNeil
Before my time...But what a good career he had after leaving the Grecians..

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
He is playing week in week out for the best side in Singapore mind. He has won 3 league titles and a couple of domestic cups as well as earning 20ish caps for the national side.

I know it's only Singapore but he's hardly been a failure.
singapore national team would struggle to beat teams in the blue square premier. ranked 121 in the fifa world rankings. lower than the faroe islands. hardly a success either

singapore national team would struggle to beat teams in the blue square premier. ranked 121 in the fifa world rankings. lower than the faroe islands. hardly a success either
Sorry, when i say 'hardly a failure' I meant in comparison to the likes of Holloway and Breslan who showed as much potential as JW did.

JW was a young player for a god awful divison 3 side and ended up turning into (by your reckoning) a conference standard player. Hardly the surprise of the century.

citytillidie72

Well-known Exeweb poster
Sorry, when i say 'hardly a failure' I meant in comparison to the likes of Holloway and Breslan who showed as much potential as JW did.

JW was a young player for a god awful divison 3 side and ended up turning into (by your reckoning) a conference standard player. Hardly the surprise of the century.
wasnt comparing wilkinson to anyone else. thought he had more potential than breslan and holloway, and thought he could have played at a higher level. playing for singapore doesnt qualify as a higher level

Alistair20000

Very well known Exeweb poster
Paul Tisdale. Still waiting for him to put on the 17 shirt.