• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tony Blair buys ninth home

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Or if Alex Salmond gets his way north of the border.....The Scottish Labour party has a huge rump in Westminster..
Yeah, Scotland almost seemed to "go rogue" in the Election, very few seats changed hands and Labour was dominant.

Time to let go of the place now... ;)

Mr Jinx

Very well known Exeweb poster
Yeah, Scotland almost seemed to "go rogue" in the Election, very few seats changed hands and Labour was dominant.

Time to let go of the place now... ;)
Yeah don't think Cammy will want a guaranteed bag of Labour votes hanging round his neck come '15. Problems is there's a pocket of Dem vote in said bag. Don't think they'll let the Tories drop the Jocks that easily.

tavyred

So, on this basis, your personal view is one that would like the "mosque" at ground zero to be built, as it's a lawful right for it to be built. You would also agree, that any war in Iraq, is illegal, and therefore wrong.
Interesting extrapolation AU! Re. the mosque, I`m indifferent but I feel the victims families views should be paramount,and as regards foreign policy decisions like Iraq, I think our final judgements should be left to when the dust settles in perhaps another 10 years, was it illegal btw?being in a strong alliance with the U.S. means we kind of do what we (or the U.S.) want, international courts of justice are for panzies, we did`nt defeat facism and the Soviet menace with "heavily armed" lawyers, and we certainly won`t defeat Al Qaeda or militant Islam with strange worries about the legality of it all.
Back on topic, interesting to hear TB this morning, he says Brown`s big mistake was to stray from the nu-labour creed and the labour governments reluctance to tackle welfare and public sector reform was a mistake also, Cameron like Blair seems to know the british public rather well.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Lord Reid's reaction to Tony's drinking habits (which are made out to be almost a problem in his book):

"He [Mr Blair] wonders whether drinking one stiff gin and tonic and a couple of glasses of wine a night during dinner, was that a big step up? Well, it might have been for Tony who didn't normally drink; where I come from, a gin and tonic, two glasses of wine, you wouldn't give that to a budgie."

Brilliant.

... and we certainly won`t defeat Al Qaeda or militant Islam with strange worries about the legality of it all......
...Cameron like Blair seems to know the british public rather well.
Couple of things strike me from this post :

I don' t think anyone is ever going to " defeat " Al Qaeda or militant iIlam ...the west and militant Islam are simply going to have to co-exist, as little as either side likes it, for a very long time yet...

I' m not sure anyone " knows "the British public. It That assumes there is a " common man " out there somewhere ; I see millions of individuals with a million different viewpoints.

angelic upstart

Interesting extrapolation AU! Re. the mosque, I`m indifferent but I feel the victims families views should be paramount,and as regards foreign policy decisions like Iraq, I think our final judgements should be left to when the dust settles in perhaps another 10 years, was it illegal btw?being in a strong alliance with the U.S. means we kind of do what we (or the U.S.) want, international courts of justice are for panzies, we did`nt defeat facism and the Soviet menace with "heavily armed" lawyers, and we certainly won`t defeat Al Qaeda or militant Islam with strange worries about the legality of it all.
Back on topic, interesting to hear TB this morning, he says Brown`s big mistake was to stray from the nu-labour creed and the labour governments reluctance to tackle welfare and public sector reform was a mistake also, Cameron like Blair seems to know the british public rather well.
Not interesting extrapolation at all dear man, merely regurgitating some of your threads and asking why you posted them, whilst using your alleged personal viewpoint to hold it against you :) Simple really.

I agree regarding our alliance with the US, and, personally, it sits uncomfortably with me. Like yourself, I believe that when it comes to Government intervention, less is more, so to speak. So it saddens me when I see us lap doggin' it up to the yanks whilst they bully, harangue and do as they choose.

TB's comments are rather strange aren't they, as he hadn't done any of the things he's having a pop at Brown for either, but hey, like I said earlier, the British public are thick f*cking morons that prefer a smile to a bit of bite.

Blair/Clegg/Cameron/Next Labour leader, all using Britain for their own purposes, not ours.

Mr Jinx

but hey, like I said earlier, the British public are thick f*cking morons that prefer a smile to a bit of bite.
...or prefer a rather personable guy to a socially inept paranoid backroom schemer.

angelic upstart

Maybe that is the case Mr Jinx, I'm no fan of Brown either. I would like someone that does the job properly and for the British people, not for some sort of f*cked up "party manifesto" way.

Mr Jinx

I would like someone that does the job properly and for the British people,
Looking back through the list of past British PMs, who was the last to do just that in your opinion?

Last edited:

finetime

Blair/Clegg/Cameron/Next Labour leader, all using Britain for their own purposes, not ours.
Meh. It's almost like the majority of politicians are self serving c*nts. It's bad enough c*nts like Blair write their memoirs and go on speech tours immediately after leaving office to maximise their earnings after leaving their own party/country as a whole in a state but it's even worse when C*NTS like Stephen Byers or Patricia describe themselves as "cabs for hire" in office. Quite how that story went relatively unnoticed compared to the relatively minor issue of expenses is beyond me. Call my cynical but the Tories hardly have a history of doing things for the greater good so it's only a matter of time for the next scandal to come out.

Oh for a few more politicians who once in the limelight actually give a sh*t about how things are run and the plebs at the bottom. Such a shame Bob Marshall-Andrews isn't an MP anymore :(