• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tom Nichols signs for Peterborough

LOG

Very well known Exeweb poster
Four and a half year deal and all. Good luck, Tom (y)

PeteUSA

Well I'm not very impressed at reading in the E&E that Peterboroughs chairman lied to Exeter fans about their interest in Nichols over a very long period of time. Evidently he's apologised for his actions, but did it because of pressure from a Championship club. I would have thought the City board would have known about his ongoing bullsh*t, and am surprised therefore they didnt say 'nothing doing'. We would have got a s**tload more money if bigger clubs had been allowed to get involved.

malcolms

Good luck to Tom, deserves his chance.
wrong post.....

Last edited:

malcolms

Good luck to him. I wouldn't want to live in Peterborough....
It's ok, he'll drive from Bristol as most of our players do :)

arthur

https://twitter.com/ColinHarveyStar/status/694161695518883840

Interesting view!! Someone appreciates our manager. Comment from an ex player of ours too.
"We hate Exeweb" = Wemisscuro presumably?

hatch4england

To get that sort of money for him is a near miracle -especially when you compare his record with that of the guy Burton sold: well done.

IBA

Think Peterborough have got a bargain , I would have thought in the current climate we should have been looking at £1,000,000 for Tommy Nicks.

In mathematical terms a million pound deal would make Tom 57% of a Grimes. whereas in reality (depending on sources ) we are looking at Nichols being worth 300-600k , which is only 17% - 34% of the value of Grimesy

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
"We hate Exeweb" = Wemisscuro presumably?
Yep....

And he never rated Tom. More deluded than I ever thought, which I didnt think was possible.

Boyo

Think Peterborough have got a bargain , I would have thought in the current climate we should have been looking at £1,000,000 for Tommy Nicks.

In mathematical terms a million pound deal would make Tom 57% of a Grimes. whereas in reality (depending on sources ) we are looking at Nichols being worth 300-600k , which is only 17% - 34% of the value of Grimesy
£1.75 for Grimes was way higher than anyone thought. £500k for Tom is good business.

Credit where it's due, we tend to get excellent fees for players we sell.

rp42

Those of us who are in the Trust, and therefore are the owners you mention, have already had an email detailing the exact terms of Tom's transfer, and told not to share it with non-Trust members.
If True not had mine yet?.......But i think your'e just pulling Credys Plonker:x