• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiverton Town vs Exeter City, 7pm. Friendly match day thread

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Good to see a Matt Taylor interview again it’s beginning to feel like we’re not that far away again now.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Saw Nicky Ajose there last night, so he must still be part of the coaching setup.

As for the game, I thought Hartridge and Nombe looked good in the first 30. Cox definitely seems to have bulked up too. Iseguan didn’t have the best of games as he was a wasteful with the ball at times, but that’s probably down to rustiness.

The middle third was when Tivvy, not unexpectedly, got on top. Their first goal was very well taken and Harry Lee will be disappointed about the second one. Some bright performances from the youngsters nonetheless. Not sure who hit the bar for us from distance, but it was an excellent effort.

The final third was more dominant from us. Jevani looked quality as ever and had one cleared off the line and hit the bar. Caprice had a lot of the ball but was wasteful with his crossing. Tivvy we’re always a threat on the break but we finally scored with an excellent run from a young player (not sure who!) and he pulled it back for Jevani who scored from close range.

Overall it was a nice evening and great to see some football. It was great that we had no injuries so all good.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
WSM on Tuesday night. Guessing more of the same.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Two 45 minute teams according to Taylor, so will probably see fewer of the u18s.

Bridgy 81

I plan to go to this one all being well, so I‘ll try and report back on here anything of interest that’s not likely to be covered by the club’s social media.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good night out. Result doesn't matter at all, but good to see the vast array of talent we hold within our ranks albeit the Under 18's side where a little out muscled.

I want to give a particular shout out though to Jevani Brown, as my son (7 years old) was desperate for player photo's last night (We got Jay and Brown so not a bad effort), but he asked Jevani during the warm down at the end of the match and Jevani made a special effort to come and see my son (This was 10 minutes after my son asked) to see my son for a photo and quick chat by the changing rooms which was really nice of him to do. Getting Jevani's and Jay's photo's made his night.

We just got lucky and bumped into Jay by the changing rooms.

Moomin Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevani is rapidly becoming my favourite MT signing. What a player and seems a top bloke too.

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A good night out. Result doesn't matter at all, but good to see the vast array of talent we hold within our ranks albeit the Under 18's side where a little out muscled.

I want to give a particular shout out though to Jevani Brown, as my son (7 years old) was desperate for player photo's last night (We got Jay and Brown so not a bad effort), but he asked Jevani during the warm down at the end of the match and Jevani made a special effort to come and see my son (This was 10 minutes after my son asked) to see my son for a photo and quick chat by the changing rooms which was really nice of him to do. Getting Jevani's and Jay's photo's made his night.

We just got lucky and bumped into Jay by the changing rooms.
I have emailed the club to highlight Jevani's effort for my lad. Hopefully they'll pass on my appreciation

SaintJames

Well-known Exeweb poster
Jevani is rapidly becoming my favourite MT signing. What a player and seems a top bloke too.
Love Jev he has such technical ability and will fit seamlessly into L1. Still unsure whether MJ will make the same step up with similar ease?
Regards last night I'm in total agreement with your comments they were spot on. My only additional points were that for a tall boy I thought Pondy wasnt as dominant in the air as I expected against the bulky Tivvy No10. Also Harry Lee's kicking off the floor needs a bit of work. Overall we didnt put enough pressure on the Tivvy keeper who looked about 5ft 6 and around 17 yrs old :)

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Love Jev he has such technical ability and will fit seamlessly into L1. Still unsure whether MJ will make the same step up with similar ease?
Regards last night I'm in total agreement with your comments they were spot on. My only additional points were that for a tall boy I thought Pondy wasnt as dominant in the air as I expected against the bulky Tivvy No10. Also Harry Lee's kicking off the floor needs a bit of work. Overall we didnt put enough pressure on the Tivvy keeper who looked about 5ft 6 and around 17 yrs old :)
Jevani Brown has such a relaxed, cheerful manner about him. I think he, Nombe and Dieng have added so much to the team spirit, aside from the fact that they are arguably three of our best players.