• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiverton Town vs Exeter City, 7pm. Friendly match day thread

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Taylor out
Sack the board
Where can I get a refund for my ST?
Clearly we need 11 new players.

Super Ronnie Jepson

Well-known Exeweb poster
Just got in. I do hate these long away trips.

Fairly standard early-pre-season friendly. We looked pretty rusty, plenty of forward passes missing their target. Usual story though...once Nombe is no longer on the pitch forward balls don't stick. Fitness levels seemed good (though of course they only had 30 minutes each).

AmberRed

Could be an omen, we lost our first pre-season friendly 2-1 (to Weston) last season! 🤞

Agent Andy

Can take nothing out of that game , apparently the team were stuck on the coach for 3 half hours and they all were so leggy , the 18s played well but we’re done for physicality for both goals , any way a good crowd and some nice money in Tiverton coffers ,

Rosencrantz

Very well known Exeweb poster
All you get out of these early friendlies is a chance for the senior players to turn their legs over in a match situation, normally after a hard training sessions earlier in the day and to give the kids a bit of senior experience. You are not really going to see too much that will be representative until maybe the Yeovil and Torquay games on a Saturday.

I thought the u18's (minus the four outfield u18's who played in the first 30) looked bright and we have some good/exciting prospects. Rather than being short on physicality I thought it was naivety in being too open through the middle that cost the goals. No one got a challenge in for the first and Aamir Daniels couldn't quite stop the mess we found ourselves in for the second as he tried to cover with a last ditch tackle. In between those two goals, which I haven't seen mentioned anywhere, we almost scored a thumping 25 yarder that hit the bar from (I think) Joe O'Connor. I thought Clark and Daniels in particular looked promising in terms of technique and physicality. We seemed to miss the big CB who went off at half time (Ed James?).

It was a good consolation goal at the end mainly down to Harrison King's charge up the right hand side and pull back from his RCB position which took him past three Tiverton players. Nice dummy from MJ for Jevani to tap in.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Taylor out
Sack the board
Where can I get a refund for my ST?

Bridgy 81

Any ideas about why Pierce Sweeney wasn’t involved last night?
Matt Taylor referred to Kyle Taylor’s longterm injury, Sam Stubbs building up his fitness and Pierce’s absence in his post match interview but didn’t elaborate on the reason.

andrew p long

Any ideas about why Pierce Sweeney wasn’t involved last night?
Matt Taylor referred to Kyle Taylor’s longterm injury, Sam Stubbs building up his fitness and Pierce’s absence in his post match interview but didn’t elaborate on the reason.
I don't know, but got the impression from the MT that Pierce. had an injury that kept him out of last night, but which is fairly short term.

Red Devon

No new injury concerns which was the most important thing also Matt Taylor seems very happy with the first ten days or so of preseason.