• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale's view of Saturday's game

milts

One comment from Tisdale's post match interview stood out for me, being:

'I think our game was basic at times and I will take any criticism of our play today'.

From this it's almost like he was expecting people to be on his back because we were more direct and actually looked to get forward.

I thought the style of play on Saturday was much better. We didn't just loft hopeless long balls forward, but we did appear to ditch the tippy tappy across the back rubbish. Lets hope it continues!

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
I would have gone with gone with structured and effective.

FAN-TATIC

One comment from Tisdale's post match interview stood out for me, being:

'I think our game was basic at times and I will take any criticism of our play today'.

From this it's almost like he was expecting people to be on his back because we were more direct and actually looked to get forward.

I thought the style of play on Saturday was much better. We didn't just loft hopeless long balls forward, but we did appear to ditch the tippy tappy across the back rubbish. Lets hope it continues!
Read it another way Milts. "I think our game was basic today and I don't have a problem with that." Hence he will have no problem with any criticism of it. He has already stated before that it is his intention to be more adventurous at home this season.

LOG

Basic is fine by me if it's effective.

We're a L2 side, we don't have the players to be able to be too clever or even try to be.

Grecian_Jay

Saturday was the most effective football we have played in years. I can see him going with the keeping it tight 4-4-2 and then if we're losing/drawing with 20 mins left maybe go down the 4-3-3 route which got us out of this league last time.

We are playing the same way as last season but we're knocking it to a 6ft2 lad not a 5ft6 lad.

StroudGrecian

Basic is fine by me if it's effective.

We're a L2 side, we don't have the players to be able to be too clever or even try to be.
Wheeler's supposed to be clever I think.

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
I would have gone with gone with structured and effective.
I think that we have now left the structured cycle.

But I am never sure about these things.

Bittners a Legend

I agree with the previous posts, that style of play is ok when we actually have someone upfront who can work with it and bring other players into player.

One thing I am convinced of is that we cannot play a passing game with Scot Bennett and Liam Sercombe in centre midfield. Bennett cannot pass at all and Sercombe is only a little better.

IndoMike

I agree with the previous posts, that style of play is ok when we actually have someone upfront who can work with it and bring other players into player.

One thing I am convinced of is that we cannot play a passing game with Scot Bennett and Liam Sercombe in centre midfield. Bennett cannot pass at all and Sercombe is only a little better.

And yet passing is one of the most basic skills to learn in football. You could argue that a player who can't pass the ball shouldn't be in a football team

Bittners a Legend

And yet passing is one of the most basic skills to learn in football. You could argue that a player who can't pass the ball shouldn't be in a football team
Indeed. The Spanish pretty much only play 5aside until about 12 years old whereas we tend to bring through bigger and stronger players who can kick the ball along way rather than accurately. I think there is a role for Bennett but as a "footballer" he is dreadful. I was amused on Saturday when he knocked a ball aimlessly into the corner and out of play nd then seemed annoyed at his team mates that nobody was within 20 yards. At least he doesn't seem to have Sercombe's miss placed swagger...and he probably has a better games:goals ratio than Sercombe too.

Last edited: