• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

finetime

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8796904.stm

Just lifted this from the BBC website, Interesting read and an honest approach from Taggy, If they came calling and he wanted to speak, He wouldn't stand in his way.
How could he stand in his way though?

davecg

Why are we comparing a manager who may have acheived something against a manager who has, to be critical of a manager who has guided us through the most successfull period in the clubs history begs to differ if you'll ever be happy watching Exeter City.
That night at Oxford
Trip to Wembley
That day at Torquay
Second Trip to Wembley and promotion
Winning at Rotherham for back to back promotions
LEAGUE matches at Elland Road, Carrow Road, The Valley & St Marys
Staying up in a tough league
Derby games to come against Argyle
CLose to a million pounds recieved in transfer fees
£50,000 spent in four seasons
Attractive football being played
Turning down big money opportunities at Southampton & Swansea to build with us

Im not sure what else Tisdale could have done in that time. To keep whinging on about lack of contacts and failure to sign a 20 goal a season striker doesnt really show the whole picture. I dont know when Tisdale will leave or who will replace him but whoever does will have to be a bloody good manager to beat his record. Is he perfect? No, but pretty damn close.

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting read on Planet Swans re Mr Tisdale and who they want to be their next manager quite a debate going on. Tis is leading their pole with 23% of the votes cast, however the debate is whether he is up to the job of managing the Mighty Swans, and queries as to what contacts he has, a question which is still asked today on Exeweb, and what experience of the CCC he has. For lack of contacts the boy hasn't done too bad though has he, and didin't he play for Southampton whilst they were in the Premiership - not the championship but......

True he hasn't got the managerial experience at that level, and to me that is what could prevent him from going

True he hasn't got the managerial experience at that level, and to me that is what could prevent him from going
Our last 3 managers hadn't managed a day between them before coming to us.
.His services will come relatively cheap.
.He plays good football.
.He can work within a budget.
.He has an impressive track record.

Ticks all the boxes for our chairman IMO. [y]

Our last 3 managers hadn't managed a day between them before coming to us.
.His services will come relatively cheap.
.He plays good football.
.He can work within a budget.
.He has an impressive track record.

Ticks all the boxes for our chairman IMO. [y]
Err, yes I am sure your chairman wants him but unfortunately for your chairman, Tisdale doesn't want to go! :cool:

Mackster

I saw this posted on the Swansea forum:

"27% on here want this guy! Jesus! Just look at his 'quality' signings and wealth of championship experience! I'll be gutted if Huw has him here."

Posted by - John Cornforth :D

information_ministry

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis will go to Swansea and Norrie will become our manager after interviewing himself - You heard it here first ;)

i_m

Err, yes I am sure your chairman wants him but unfortunately for your chairman, Tisdale doesn't want to go! :cool:
As I said earlier he'll be unveiled as Swansea City F.C manager within the next 7 days, according to a few sources he's already settled a pre-contract agreement with our chairman Huw Jenkins.

Bookmark this thread. [y]

Poultice

Very well known Exeweb poster
As I said earlier he'll be unveiled as Swansea City F.C manager within the next 7 days, according to a few sources he's already settled a pre-contract agreement with our chairman Huw Jenkins.

Bookmark this thread. [y]
Are you are a "very naughty boy", or simply a "Welsh tart" ?

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Tis will go to Swansea and Norrie will become our manager after interviewing himself - You heard it here first ;)

i_m
:D

I heard that Tisdale has already interviewed himself for the Swansea job. He was turned down/ turned it down/ turned himself down.

Last edited: