• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
not least so Tis stops getting blamed for their being in Limbo (or Llimbo, as we have in Wales).
Since Tis pledged his allegiance to the red and white flag I have only had half an eye on the Swansea business, but I seem to recall that Tis was first of a growing list to turn down their approaches.

Their job is beginning to look like a poison chalice.

andrew p long

Very well known Exeweb poster
Since Tis pledged his allegiance to the red and white flag I have only had half an eye on the Swansea business, but I seem to recall that Tis was first of a growing list to turn down their approaches.

Their job is beginning to look like a poison chalice.
I think- somewhat paradoxically - that it may show that Swansea have got things right by going for managers who won't just jump at it for the money and the short term.

But the press article gives away the expectation problem.They seem to work on the basis that Swansea will be promoted this season.Any manager who fails to achieve that, or if they're mid table at Christmas all hell will break loose.

Last edited:

STURTZ

I think- somewhat paradoxically - that it may show that Swansea have got things right by going for managers who won't just jump at it for the money and the short term.

But the press article gives away the expectation problem.They seem to work on the basis that Swansea will be promoted this season.Any manager who fails to achieve that, or if they're mid table at Christmas all hell will break loose.
Can see it now, "Who's idea was it to give the job to a glorified P E teacher?"

morpheus

Huw Jenkins would have been better advised to keep schtum about who are his favourites and who he is speaking to rather than chattering away to the press at every opportunity about all and sundry. Swansea suddenly look as if everyone is rejecting them and haven't come out of this looking great. A lesson for Exeter here.

morpheus

... and now it appears the job has been offered to someone who has accepted.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/s/swansea_city/8820996.stm

EX4 6PX

Well-known Exeweb poster
Finally we can all breathe out.

Grecian_Jay

Oh well, hopefully next time...

Poultice

... and now it appears the job has been offered to someone who has accepted.
Am I alone in thinking that it is a tad strange that managers who are in a job seem somewhat reticent to take what looks, to all intents and purposes, like a much better job i.e. More money, bigger club, better prospects, bah blah blah.

The club concerned then finishes up with a relatively untried and markedly unsuccessful, "unemployed" manger.

Mr Jan Yeo

Well-known Exeweb poster
Ooh, tough break. See you next year Swans fans [y]

morpheus

Am I alone in thinking that it is a tad strange that managers who are in a job seem somewhat reticent to take what looks, to all intents and purposes, like a much better job i.e. More money, bigger club, better prospects, bah blah blah.

The club concerned then finishes up with a relatively untried and markedly unsuccessful, "unemployed" manger.
Either the managers concerned must have their own, genuine reasons for turning it down as I believe was the case with Tis, or, as I think you're suggesting, the job in question is not as attractive as it initially appeared to be. With so many of the candidates running for the hills, I'm inclined to think the latter.