• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
Ego and politics, apparently, around the time of 'that' Trust resolution. But you know that.

After a lifetime in the game, the only negative comment I can find about Steve Perryman is on here. There's plenty of them too, so sad.
I mean... he was at City from 2001 (for the most part), best part of two decades... you’d think Exeter fans on an Exeter forum would probably have a better rounded opinion of the man than some Spurs fans who watched him as a young man in the 80s?

elginCity

I mean... he was at City from 2001 (for the most part), best part of two decades... you’d think Exeter fans on an Exeter forum would probably have a better rounded opinion of the man than some Spurs fans who watched him as a young man in the 80s?
Exeter fans on an Exeter forum might well have a 'better rounded opinion' of SP than Spurs fans, but doubtful it's more rounded than the people within the game who've known him personally for many years. You'd be hard pushed to read, or hear, a bad word from them.

Stelios

I do need to get over this bug, and then I'll get out more, promise. ;) Going to Newport yesterday was a mistake, on many levels.

Stelios, I was referring to SP's integrity, rather than his professional capabilities.
Yes I was just being a bit cheeky. I do think Grecian Max has a point though. Which other clubs has SP worked at for the past two decades? If he's going to get criticism (fairly or unfairly) it's going to come from ECFC, isn't it? Personally, I was quite chuffed to have him here but in the end it all went a bit sour. It sounds like he's got a chip on his shoulder (fairly or unfairly) but if it comes down to ECFC fan supporting ECFC or Steve Perryman they're only going to go one way. That doesn't mean he was a disaster here or everything he did was wrong. Far from it.

geoffwp

He's got old. A grumpy old dinosaur who was happy picking up his expenses until someone challenged him.
Ageism Manc?.tut tut. In another society he would be seen as a wise council due to his experience.

Grecian Max

Ageism Manc?.tut tut. In another society he would be seen as a wise council due to his experience.
Is wisdom always equal to experience? Not sure about that Geoff ;)

geoffwp

Definitely not Max but there certainly are many societies where the experience of years is valued. I'm sure Manc wasn't really being ageist though as I have a feeling he is an old get like me! ;)

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
Geoffrey, by your reasoning there would be loads of old blokes in the top roles in football, there aren't, Manc's point was pretty easy to understand, perhaps your age is making it difficult for you to comprehend things.

Manc is spot on, Perryman was happy going around telling people he was doing everything for the benefit of ECFC and there was very little in it for him, the guy took hundreds of thousands out of ECFC, I didn't have a problem with him being paid but don't go around acting like you are some kind of volunteer doing everything for the benefit of ECFC.

Mugs like you fell for it hook, line and sinker.

Last edited:

100milesaway

Looks like MKD are starting to take note of Tis' unconventional selections and substitutions. Comment from a lead Convrete Roundabout writer:

" Another mystifying scenario has been rumbling on since the end of September, what has Ryan Watson done not to get a game, a quick browse back over the MOTM threads back then shows Watson as highly regarded by the TCR faithful to the degree he claimed two MOTM accolades, one by a landslide. Yet Watson seems to be slipping down the pecking order, losing out to the likes of Pawlett, Cisse, D’Ath and yesterday Harley in what was for me was the biggest WTF moment of the season so far.

I was staggered to see the change (unless of course injured) as I thought Pawlett was one of the few trying to get things going, and the introduction of long term absentee Harley over the likes of the influential Watson was once again something those nagging voices of Exeter fans told us about, so it seems Tis is a predictable animal as his suspect personnel changes are rearing their head now with us".
I recall Wilson being brilliant every time he played last season and consistently getting dropped!

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Probably when people dared to ask Tisdale to perhaps say that in the long term interest of the club we need to start renegotiating his contract and him and Perryman took umbrage and thought they were both untouchable and were bigger than ECFC?
Absolutely spot on.

geoffwp

Geoffrey, by your reasoning there would be loads of old blokes in the top roles in football, there aren't, Manc's point was pretty easy to understand, perhaps your age is making it difficult for you to comprehend things.

Manc is spot on, Perryman was happy going around telling people he was doing everything for the benefit of ECFC and there was very little in it for him, the guy took hundreds of thousands out of ECFC, I didn't have a problem with him being paid but don't go around acting like you are some kind of volunteer doing everything for the benefit of ECFC.

Mugs like you fell for it hook, line and sinker.
Mug huh? I don't like your tone.