• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

manc grecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Just read this quote on the MK Forum "Steve Perryman using his pre-match speech in Club Red to
launch into a rant about supporter run clubs. Was aimed at Exeter obviously but some collateral damage was caused. :lol:"

Steve Perryman was a dignified football great and an Ambassador not just for our club but for football as a whole. Just what exactly or when did it go so sour for Perryman?
He's got old. A grumpy old dinosaur who was happy picking up his expenses until someone challenged him.

Grecian Max

Just read this quote on the MK Forum "Steve Perryman using his pre-match speech in Club Red to
launch into a rant about supporter run clubs. Was aimed at Exeter obviously but some collateral damage was caused. :lol:"

Steve Perryman was a dignified football great and an Ambassador not just for our club but for football as a whole. Just what exactly or when did it go so sour for Perryman?
Expect nothing less from that group of individuals.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
The fact that Steve Perryman hasn't managed a team in England for the best part of three decades says a lot about the guy.

Exeter City was clearly a comfortable little role for him.

elginCity

Ego and politics, apparently, around the time of 'that' Trust resolution. But you know that.

After a lifetime in the game, the only negative comment I can find about Steve Perryman is on here. There's plenty of them too, so sad.

Saint James

Probably when people dared to ask Tisdale to perhaps say that in the long term interest of the club we need to start renegotiating his contract and him and Perryman took umbrage and thought they were both untouchable and were bigger than ECFC?
DB9, I certainly think that the renegotiation accelerated his angst against the Trust into outright disgust/hostility. However, reading comments on here it appears he has been angry/with chip on shoulder about the Trust for quite a number years but I don't know if anything particular happened or whether he just got worse over a number of years?

DB9

DB9, I certainly think that the renegotiation accelerated his angst against the Trust into outright disgust/hostility. However, reading comments on here it appears he has been angry/with chip on shoulder about the Trust for quite a number years but I don't know if anything particular happened or whether he just got worse over a number of years?
We'll never know the real reasons but Tisdale and Perryman are gone and in our past, We look forward now

Stelios

After a lifetime in the game, the only negative comment I can find about Steve Perryman is on here. There's plenty of them too, so sad.
Old posts about SP from Watford fans on twitter :)

At corners, we had 11 men behind the ball - reminded me of the dark days under Steve Perryman.
Help me out here. Name any good piece of management by Mr Perryman while at Watford. Great player but very poor manager.
Amazing how people can be so negative about a great season.
Clearly never watched us under Perryman !!
Assuming there is truth in the story that SP now uses his after-dinner speeches to slag off fan ownership etc it all just seems a bit sad how it's all ended :(

chunkymorrinmunter

He's got old. A grumpy old dinosaur who was happy picking up his expenses until someone challenged him.
I'm fairly sure he said he was retiring,or did I imagine it !!

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
If you have spent time looking for negatives comments regarding Steve Perryman you probably need to get a life, I very much doubt you have though which makes your comment totally pointless.

elginCity

If you have spent time looking for negatives comments regarding Steve Perryman you probably need to get a life, I very much doubt you have though which makes your comment totally pointless.
I do need to get over this bug, and then I'll get out more, promise. ;) Going to Newport yesterday was a mistake, on many levels.

Stelios, I was referring to SP's integrity, rather than his professional capabilities.