• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale V Taylor

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
I remain ashamed of the way he and Perryman were treated.
Can't understand this, Tisdale refused our offer, Which he had every right to and Perryman told us, Well documented that he was retiring, So what's to be ashamed about?

elginCity

I remain ashamed by the way they both treated our football club.
Remoaner.

Always felt it to be a question of loyalty. Reckon both Tis and SP, rightly or wrongly, considered the serving of notice by the Trust at a particularly low ebb as a disloyal act, when in their view loyalty had been earned, and given, over a long period of time.

After more than a decade at the helm, overseeing some great ups (and downs), Tis and SP left by scuttling out the back door with no warm send off, there was only ill-will coming from all quarters. Rather than being ashamed, it's a shame more like that a long reign ended in such a shabby way.

elginCity

Couldn't agree more with all of this and there really isn't anything more to say. The more this pointless debate goes on, the more it undermines our focus on the present.
With respect, why don't you find another thread to focus on. This is merely a chat room, most debate on here is pointless for crying out loud.

IndoMike

Just an interesting statistic:

Our first half performance = 10-7-3
Our second half performance = 5-7-8

Not sure how this compares to Tis or how meaningful it is, but it clearly suggests we are better in the first half.

Last edited:

hienzeECFC

Remoaner.

Always felt it to be a question of loyalty. Reckon both Tis and SP, rightly or wrongly, considered the serving of notice by the Trust at a particularly low ebb as a disloyal act, when in their view loyalty had been earned, and given, over a long period of time.

After more than a decade at the helm, overseeing some great ups (and downs), Tis and SP left by scuttling out the back door with no warm send off, there was only ill-will coming from all quarters. Rather than being ashamed, it's a shame more like that a long reign ended in such a shabby way.
Agreed. Anyone else who stayed for as long as they did, and brought the success that they did would have at least been given a better send off.

Particularly SP. We knew he was leaving after 10 year's of service in advance of our final home game, but nothing was really done to commemorate his service.

I felt like it said it all when after the Lincoln game, they just went straight down the tunnel. Only a couple of players remained for the celebrations. You can see from that how much they felt like the fans had turned on them.

Going into a much wider topic but nonetheless: All in all it made me lose faith a little in the Trust ownership model. I don't say it to be controversial, but ultimately (and this forum being a good case in point) fans, are generally speaking, idiots. I don't think the Tisdale episode is any exception to that.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Agreed. Anyone else who stayed for as long as they did, and brought the success that they did would have at least been given a better send off.

Particularly SP. We knew he was leaving after 10 year's of service in advance of our final home game, but nothing was really done to commemorate his service.

I felt like it said it all when after the Lincoln game, they just went straight down the tunnel. Only a couple of players remained for the celebrations. You can see from that how much they felt like the fans had turned on them.

Going into a much wider topic but nonetheless: All in all it made me lose faith a little in the Trust ownership model. I don't say it to be controversial, but ultimately (and this forum being a good case in point) fans, are generally speaking, idiots. I don't think the Tisdale episode is any exception to that.
Myself and I am sure many other Exewebers find your comment “fans, are generally speaking, idiots” to be both offensive and unjustified so perhaps you would like to elaborate further.

LOG

It was behind the scenes. He said that he didn't want a big, public fuss made.

red1

It was behind the scenes. He said that he didn't want a big, public fuss made.
Maybe because he already knew he would be involved with MKD in a matter of days ????

hienzeECFC

Perhaps i should have made it clear - for the most part i mean football fans are idiots in a footballing context. 99% of us have never sat in a professional dressing room or walked out onto a pitch. We've never sat in a dug out or a football club's boardroom. The majority of us have never run a business or examined a legal document on a professional basis. Yes I am aware that many football fans run businesses or are legal experts and have any number of skills, however there are likely to be as many people on the terraces at SJP with the skills required to run a football club as there are trade experts who voted in the Brexit referendum. What the vast majority of us have is an outsider's perspective on a sport, that in no way shape or form means the vast majority of people on the terrace, people on this site, and people in the trust are actually in a position with the skills or expertise to run a football club.

As far as i'm concerned that was not a problem. The Trust as a model saved the club from god knows what, and has run the club imo very well, and within its means for the year's since. The reason being that through a democratic process, we elected the people who put forward a good case to show that they did have, collectively, the expertise required to run the trust in its capacity as the majority shareholder of the club. Obviously not a perfect system but as we know, democracy is not the best system, it is just the best one we've found yet.

Unfortunately that changed when we held our own 'referendum' of sorts among the membership to make a footballing decision. As far as i'm concerned that is not the designed remit of the trust that I joined and have given up time to help promote.

So there is my rational for describing football fans as, in a footballing context, idiots. In the same way I ride the tube every day, I wouldn't have the foggiest how to drive it. Just because a use a computer, I couldn't code to save my life. Just because I watch the football, I couldn't make footballing decisions to an effective capacity.

Last edited:

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
I remain ashamed of the way he and Perryman were treated.
How were they treated ?

Put some meat on the bone pal as you must know something I don't.

I'd say they were treated as well as literally any other football league managerial team I can think of.

Last edited: