• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale - post match

dommers

But do you disagree with it ?
I think we probably were better in the second half although could quite easily have been 2-0 up inside the first ten minutes and looked worst defensively in the last 10-15 minutes when pushing on for the winner. Not quite sure what that says although to be honest I couldn't see either team scoring in the first 30 minutes and it was only down to poor defending by both sides that they did.

I see the original poster has missed out the fact that Tisdale also said that ultimately it is about results and that we need to take our chances better. I guess would count as criticism.

dommers

Why? Surely you were irritated by his comments?
Not at all I expect Skiverton will be saying exactly the same, namely that they played well and should have won. I think most managers tend to ignore the bad parts of performances and concentrate on the positives in their post match interviews.

PINHOE RED

At least he has an easy decision to make next week, with his goal scorer doesnt play two games on the bounce policy- apart from defenders of course!!

RaeUK

Cleaner
Staff member
... I see the original poster has missed out the fact that Tisdale also said that ultimately it is about results and that we need to take our chances better. I guess would count as criticism.
That's why I'm looking forward to listening to it when it's online. More times than not, when quoting his post-match interviews, it's a snippet either out of context or misquoted. Obviously, not saying that's the case here as I'm yet to hear it ...

milts

Not at all I expect Skiverton will be saying exactly the same, namely that they played well and should have won. I think most managers tend to ignore the bad parts of performances and concentrate on the positives in their post match interviews.
Well you're as deluded as he is.

flakey pasty

Sports and performance psychology is based on building from positives.
Managers / players cannot partake in the sort of self-pity and ranting which most supporters apparently indulge.

Grecian_Jay

Very well known Exeweb poster
The bloke is a w*nker. If he is so f*cking happy he can give me back the 17 quid it cost to watch that sh*t.

Mike Blackstone

Usual turd from The Cheesie One, no surprise though surely. It is this kind of thing that irritates me about the bloke, he should show a little more respect to the fans and actually speak honestly, if that is what he honestly believes then no wonder we are in the sh*t.
Terry Cooper would have done.

dommers

Well you're as deluded as he is.
Not at all I just listened to the whole interview rather than selectively quote bits.

older-codger

Not at all I just listened to the whole interview rather than selectively quote bits.
So did I and I could hardly believe what I was hearing