• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out brigade - Mk Edition.

David Treharne

Wolfenden. You might notice that Guy Wolfenden's position was never refilled, and that it has taken until 2019 for the Club Board to suggest that Justin Quick might fill a similar role within the hierarchy. In the aftermath the whole structure of the Club Board was altered with the Trust taking a more prominent role (in theory). I would postulate that it also suggests that in the aftermath there was an increased emphasis on stating the belief that the Trust model was a viable model (though how much true adherence to this belief is an actual belief as opposed to a posture is really difficult to determine.) There are now other factors in play with regard to Club management which will emerge over the next couple of years.

IndoMike

Very well known Exeweb poster
Wolfenden. You might notice that Guy Wolfenden's position was never refilled, and that it has taken until 2019 for the Club Board to suggest that Justin Quick might fill a similar role within the hierarchy. In the aftermath the whole structure of the Club Board was altered with the Trust taking a more prominent role (in theory). I would postulate that it also suggests that in the aftermath there was an increased emphasis on stating the belief that the Trust model was a viable model (though how much true adherence to this belief is an actual belief as opposed to a posture is really difficult to determine.) There are now other factors in play with regard to Club management which will emerge over the next couple of years.
Innuendo.........

Alistair20000

Ah poor old Wolfie. A prime example of a man over promoted and hopelessly out of his depth. It was very sad to see really.

geoffwp

Yawn....He ( Tisdale ) has no more association with us, he was let go, personally don't understand the obsession some have with this man , can't we get over it and stop giving him such undeserved attention.
Ironically I note that by posting this contributes to this discussion. o_O
He wasnt let go though was he. Its bad enough with Brexit and politicians bending the truth!!🤯

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Conway, Chorlton and...
Not sure that the disappearance of either of these two worthies would have had any impact on Tisdale’s position as manager or the way he chose to carry out his duties.....similar comment would apply to SP.

PeteUSA

There are now other factors in play with regard to Club management which will emerge over the next couple of years.
And I dont suppose you'll be telling us what those "other factors" are, will you Dave?

hardi2b

He wasnt let go though was he. Its bad enough with Brexit and politicians bending the truth!!🤯
You are right he wasn't let go however I was one of the overwhelming majority that wanted him gone for the already stated reasons in other threads at the time. that ( and political leanings aside ), the general thrust of my post is not negated.

hardi2b

p.s. perhaps I should have used the phrase "got rid of by indirect means".

Dannyred

Ah poor old Wolfie. A prime example of a man over promoted and hopelessly out of his depth. It was very sad to see really.
We seem to enjoy having people out of there depth in senior roles at the club.

David Treharne

And I dont suppose you'll be telling us what those "other factors" are, will you Dave?
I'm afraid you'll have to wait for the article, Pete. It's forthcoming.