• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale out brigade - Mk Edition.

Maybe Portsmouth could have an eye on Tisdale if things do not improve soon.
Having grown up as a boy on the Estuary in Southend who I followed as boy, thank God we got Sol Campbell last week (although they may struggle to pay him too!!!). Pompey have been interested in Tis before, haven't they?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Pompey have been interested in Tis before, haven't they?
Yes. Tis told a Fan's Forum that he had persuaded a reluctant Board to let him go to for an interview there. He claimed he'd only gone to gather "intel" but several of us wondered; I was stood at the back with Mel Gwinnett and (IIRC) Sir Rob of Edwards and their expressions were, shall we say, interesting.

Incidentally, I think this was the occasion when he patronised the fan who asked a perfectly appropriate question and raised a few hackles. An early harbinger of storms ahead?

Red Devon

Very well known Exeweb poster
Having grown up as a boy on the Estuary in Southend who I followed as boy, thank God we got Sol Campbell last week (although they may struggle to pay him too!!!). Pompey have been interested in Tis before, haven't they?

Think Tis will still be very, very picky and only take something with lots Of potential.

Colesman Ballz

Think Tis will still be very, very picky and only take something with lots Of potential.
Not forgetting that they will have to be prepared to give him a "roller" too !

dontpassback

Not forgetting that they will have to be prepared to give him a "roller" too !
And be driveable from the Cotswolds !!

sign of the chimes

Yes. Tis told a Fan's Forum that he had persuaded a reluctant Board to let him go to for an interview there. He claimed he'd only gone to gather "intel" but several of us wondered; I was stood at the back with Mel Gwinnett and (IIRC) Sir Rob of Edwards and their expressions were, shall we say, interesting.

Incidentally, I think this was the occasion when he patronised the fan who asked a perfectly appropriate question and raised a few hackles. An early harbinger of storms ahead?
I had heard that the concerns of those making that appointment were around Tisdale were how he would 'fit' at Pompey (to be honest I think he'd have 'fitted' just fine if his team was a winning one). I suspect that ship might have sailed now, anyway.

I can't say I was surprised at how thinks turned out at the Fake Dons. It looked awkward at the unveiling between him and Winkleman. Neither am I disappointed to see them struggling (not least as it's helping us stay out of the bottom three).

He'll get a decent job somewhere if he wants it.

IndoMike

The problem is, when he arrives the potential disintegrates.,

IndoMike

15 year old company records ...

I shan't rest until someone goes through his bins and posts on here to prove how much we've all moved on.
"Worn old shoes need a cobbler to be repaired; but worn old thoughts, only a rubbish bin".
Anonymous
PS. You're right about Tis' business record.
Resigning directorships 15 years ago means zilch.

Red Bill

For our legal eagles, here is some information about rolling contracts, especially related to football managers. I'm still a teeny bit confused.
From reading this I'm not sure if either Tisdale or the club understood the meaning of a rolling contract. If i'm interpreting this right, we were never liable to have to paid him off, but could have given him notice prior to the end of any even number of years since he was first placed on a roller, without having to pay him a penny in compensation.

IndoMike

From reading this I'm not sure if either Tisdale or the club understood the meaning of a rolling contract. If i'm interpreting this right, we were never liable to have to paid him off, but could have given him notice prior to the end of any even number of years since he was first placed on a roller, without having to pay him a penny in compensation.
That's how I understood it, Bill.
But then, what would be the point of a roller?
Like I said, I'm a bit confused about it.