• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

elginCity

Very well known Exeweb poster
Re: Tisdale must go

The Club Board have stuck with him and I think the players knew he wasn't going anywhere, so the normal dressing room discontent (losing the dressing room) when things weren't going well, didn't really apply...
Behave yourself, malcs ! (rofl)

geoffwp

Malc is a renowned expert in the dark arts of conspiracy theory. ��

IndoMike

So, given his previous successes at the club and that it's now confirmed that we have secured a league play-off spot for the first time in our history, does this now mean that, despite our indifferent form at home for the last half a dozen seasons, Paul Tisdale is now without a doubt our greatest ever manager?
So, what do YOU think? Is he? Yes or no?

malcolms

I think Mox said he would "hang his hat" on the former....

IndoMike

I think Mox said he would "hang his hat" on the former....
Don't know, Malcs. Moxers usually sits on the fence.

Red Monster

The reality is that he has been manager long enough to have gone through periods when you could argue he has been our most successful and amongst our least successful. The Club Board have stuck with him and I think the players knew he wasn't going anywhere, so the normal dressing room discontent (losing the dressing room) when things weren't going well, didn't really apply. Whether we might have been consistently better or worse with a series of managers is a matter for discussion, but as there is no definitive answer its time wasted. We are in the playoffs and the manager should be rightly congratulated on that, all other matters are just forum fodder...
Why am I not surprised .
Come on Malc's there's no doubt about it , no good you putting a smoke screen about if we had replaced him ,we didn't
So his achievements are there to be seen ,not what might have been if we had brought in another manager.

His record can't be matched in the clubs history ,before Tisdale three promotions if he does it again this time he matches
That himself ,plus a play-off final.

Also the only manager in our history to achieve more than 8 away wins in a season ,this season is the 5th time he's
Done it and 13 this season is one hell of a total.

Last edited:

tonykellowfan

red, which makes the home form even more frustrating and inexplicable!

IndoMike

red, which makes the home form even more frustrating and inexplicable!
I wouldn't say it's totally inexplicable, TKF. Away we tend to hold, wear down the home team, counter attack, and gradually gain the upper hand. At home we play the same way, which frustrates the home fans a bit because you expect the home team to have more possession. We really need one manager for home games and Tizzy for the away games.

Antony Moxey

Read the thread, specifically post 5149, which I made before you asked your question above.

Colesman Ballz

We really need one manager for home games and Tizzy for the away games.
Perhaps we should invite Uri back to home games for a spot of pre-match hypnosis on Tis ! ;)