• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale must go ...

eurogrecian

Re: Tisdale must go

So perhaps it is now time to get behind him and the players, concentrate on his positive contributions as opposed to those that appear to be negative and together make this a season to remember for all the right reasons UTC.
That'll be the day!

Over the (many) years, we have seen that the loathing of Tisdale in some quarters runs very deep and is unrelated to the performance of the team or anything else. The "Tisdale Out" threads will continue to appear regularly, whatever happens. 1400 odd postings on this one thread says it all.

As you suggest, there is nothing for the rest of us to do except get on with supporting the team.

Stuart Storer's Tache

Didn't we get to an area final against Bristol City where we lost the away leg 4-0 and had something like three players - including Noel Blake I think - sent off?

We might have got there against Port Vale where we played them in that and the league within days of each of other when a fan lamped the ref in one of the games when Alan Ball was in charge.
We did, I still have nightmares about my one and only trip to Ashton Gate!

Make you right about Port Vale

JPT.

If Oxford can why can't we ?
Hahahahaha you have just proven yourself to be completely idiotic. Let's sack a league 2 manager for failing to win a Mickey Mouse cup in which teams who have far more resources and in a higher league than us enter.

Bradford went to the league cup final so let's sack Tisdale because if they can why can't we.

Last edited:

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster

Hahahahaha you have just proven yourself to be completely idiotic. Let's sack a league 2 manager for failing to win a Mickey Mouse cup in which teams who have far more resources and in a higher league than us enter.

Bradford went to the league cup final so let's sack Tisdale because if they can why can't we.
Carlisle took Liverpool to penalties, we didn't, we lost the replay in normal time instead. Time to sack this manager of the month nominee I think.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

We did, I still have nightmares about my one and only trip to Ashton Gate!

Make you right about Port Vale
Indeed about Port Vale in 92/93 - we lost the first leg 2-1 and were 1-0 up in the second with 11 (?) minutes to go before booking Wembley on away goals (assuming they used the away goals rule at the time which I think they did) before Bernie Slaven equalised.

It was about a week later (also in midweek) where they won in the last minute with a ridiculous penalty and the fan lamped the ref, who was in his final season before retirement.

Antony Moxey

Jase, was that a win or a draw in the league game? I remember it was very late on and it was Scott Daniels who gave the penalty away, and at the time we were very close to relegation too so were desperate for the points.

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member

Jase, was that a win or a draw in the league game? I remember it was very late on and it was Scott Daniels who gave the penalty away, and at the time we were very close to relegation too so were desperate for the points.
Have to check Soccerbase as I *think* we were drawing and lost the game:

Nope, we were winning 1-0 and drew 1-1.

Antony Moxey

Even worse then, losing two points instead of one. That win would have gone an awful long way to making us safe.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

The port vale jpt game wasn't away goals as far as I am aware.

The late goal in the league game was a massive kick in the teeth. We also conceded a very late equaliser at Fulham in the final game and although that made us safe, remember being concerned that the attack on the ref after port vale may cause us a points deduction to send us down but thankfully it was just a fine.

richard_portland

Backing Gary Caldwell, thanks Matt and good luck.

That'll be the day!

Over the (many) years, we have seen that the loathing of Tisdale in some quarters runs very deep and is unrelated to the performance of the team or anything else. The "Tisdale Out" threads will continue to appear regularly, whatever happens. 1400 odd postings on this one thread says it all.

As you suggest, there is nothing for the rest of us to do except get on with supporting the team.
Again speaking only for myself it was on pitch performances during our relegation season and first one back in league two which resulted in my stance against the manager. I think the threads will rumble on as there are a number of posters firmly on opposite sides of the divide as well as some in the middle.

I do agree we need to be behind the side, and that if there was going to be a managerial change it would be in the summer at the earliest. I don't find it difficult to get behind the side although I am not a fan of Tisdale. I can still recognise that his team is producing some very good performances and hope that while he stays can increase the percentage of those type of performances/results. I also don't think the discussion harms anything in particular, the crowd at sjp especially with the red legion is staying with the team generally and it only tends to be at or close to the end of defeats when things can turn now and then.

Do agree though that most of what there is to say on both sides has already been said a number of times.

Last edited: