• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale has interview with Portsmouth

scholsey

On sky sports news confirmed!!

Why would he have an interview if he wasn't wanting to move?

Jason H

Administrator
Staff member
Aside from the fact this is being discussed at length in the "Tisdale to Bristol City" thread, people will often go to interviews not necessarily "wanting" the job although they could be swayed if they liked what they saw at interview.

StroudGrecian

Very well known Exeweb poster
Maybe he does want to move?

Maybe his 'ironic' wave to the BB on Saturday was in fact his big emotional farewell?

Would make sense, as I understand it they are just setting out as a Trust-owned club and he has experience of managing a Trust-owned club. And of getting promotion out of this division. Plus it would be a new and bigger challenge for Tisdale, who may well be fed up by now of all the negativity permeating the club. And Pompey could probably afford to pay the £300k compensation from that 'idiotic' rolling contract.

Mr Jinx

If Portsmouth say no, then you've got to realise you're damaged goods.

If they won't take him, then which club (bigger than City) would?

Snoop Fog

Well-known Exeweb poster
If Portsmouth say no, then you've got to realise you're damaged goods.

If they won't take him, then which club (bigger than City) would?
Interviews are a 2 way thing. Its not just about whether Pompey want Tisdale but also whether Tisdale wants Pompey.

Strongbow

Well-known Exeweb poster
Please get the job. It would be Christmas come early. I'd actually look forward to Accy away on a cold December Saturday then.

Grecian Max

Please get the job. It would be Christmas come early. I'd actually look forward to Accy away on a cold December Saturday then.
Same here, it'd give the club a boost if anything, give us some football to get behind again, something watchable would be nice.

bsmaff

I am going to start listening to the Portsmouth guys from work more often now, apparently this isn't his first interview.

East Devon Clown

Putting the fun and the mental back into fundament
Interviews are a 2 way thing. Its not just about whether Pompey want Tisdale but also whether Tisdale wants Pompey.
Exactly. An interview is a good way of getting a feel for what is on offer if they want you.

It could be that they talked salaries and the Pompey job didn't involve a pay rise.

Mark Wakeley

Good Luck Mr T. Have always admired him and what he has done for ECFC. I think even he knows it is time for change?