• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tisdale:- Artur to blame for our loss at Bury?

wemissmoxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
As a keeper he gets a good view of the game and perhaps he has some sympathy with us as ECFC fans having to watch shiiite literally week in week out.

Alistair20000

I reckon krysiak will get better than we can offer him in the summer and will be off.
With a further cut to the playing budget looming (the off field costs won't be tackled) I doubt we will be able to offer him what he will be able get elsewhere. His departure will leave a big hole.

Kingsman

You can normally tell who hasn't signed a new contract at this time of the season.

Well-known Exeweb poster
You can normally tell who hasn't signed a new contract at this time of the season.
How?...........

wemissmoxey

Shhhiiiiiit, James is still up, time to hit the sack !!

(facepalm)

DanceMagnet

Defending and for long periods Hardly unusual in football manc, its all about doing your job well and ak consistently hasn't done his well enuf, watch defenders reaction when he fuc's up next they're just used to it, and imo until were rid we wont start turning things around.
If that's the case, why does the manager continue to pick him? If he hasn't been good enough for 3 years, why is he still here? The manager picks the team. I don't disagree that Artur cost us a lot of points during the league one relegation season, but there has been a marked improvement since then. Sure, he still makes errors, just like any keeper.

As a team, we continue to draw pressure on our defence with our one up front, negative tactics which have failed us for the last 3 years. Only one person to blame for that and it isn't Artur.

crocks

I would suggest that the defence isnt City's main problem. City have not conceded more than 3 in a game and have only conceded 3 goals in 3 matches. The last of these was nearly 5 months ago.

PeteUSA

I don't disagree that Artur cost us a lot of points during the league one relegation season, but there has been a marked improvement since then. Sure, he still makes errors, just like any keeper.
Artur has let in a lot of goals this season that he should have done a lot better with. He just cant seem to get his judgement on crosses or corners right; in fact I dont see a great deal of improvement in this aspect in all the time he's been with us. His kicking is much improved, but I would rather he hoofed the ball over the railway line every time, if he would only do better on keeping the ball out of the net! Jonah improved somewhat before he left, but still had that deer in the headlights mentality that stopped him ascending any higher than Crawley. Arturs ongoing weakness appears to be his timing and judgement. Before I get a brick through my window, let me just say that dodgy goals or not, I dont blame Artur for our league position, when the ensemble of outfield players in front of him is just about as bad a bunch of reprebates that any manager (for want of a better word) has ever assembled in the clubs history.

Last edited:

Stuffy

Well-known Exeweb poster
... his departure will leave a big hole.
A massive one ...................................... about 8 feet high and 8 yards wide.

;)

As a former goalie of carp Sunday league standard!-I tend to the view that goalies are a breed apart and even the very best in the world will at some stage in the season make horrendous mistakes and real errors of judgment.Just look at Prem Match of The Day etc.
With Artur there is no doubt of his athletic ability etc and I have seen him make some impressive flying saves over the years.I feel that the main problem with him is the poor communication between him and the defence and that this is often exposed via deadball situations.He also seems to exhibit a lack of confidence in his deciding whether too come for crosses/corners which makes him appear indecisive.
Top defenders know that when their keeper shouts for them to get out of his way then they do so and one or two defenders should then retreat to the goal line to protect the keeper if he f--ks up.Which of course can and does happen!

At Newport recently I was very close to the action behind the goal and the lack of communication between him and Coles (in particular) could have cost us dear.More than once Art shd have claimed a simple through ball but left it to Coles to slice/hoof it away-invariably at the expense of an unecessary throw-in to the opposition.

I just wonder what goes on on the training ground these days or does Art not talk to his skipper??
With Coles sidelined this Saturday I'll be looking for better communication all round.