• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tis' top 5 signings....

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
For me it has to be

1 Harley - Simply Class and will move on to bigger and better things

2 Rob Edwards - Again Steady as anything and the goal at Wembley always helps

3 Matt Taylor - Was Tisdales make or break signing i this one had failed at the time he was slaughtered for letting Todd leave and signing this lad whos proven to be 3 times the player todd is

4 Richard Logan - I just love Logie alway 110% effort and Commitment and now has added goalscoring to this

5 Richard Duffy - Again a very very good Lge 1 player and was one of the players who imho was realy vital to keeping us in lge 1 last season!

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I don't think you can argue with the likes of Lord Rob, Matty, Ryan in the top three, but the other two positions are open for grabs from at least four players.
There is Duffy Dunney and Logan but what about George? When you start talking about players that kept us up last season who did Tis sign at the time of our change in form, so surely that must rate as one of his greatest signings albeit on loan.

Sandstorm

I'd swap Dunne for Duffy but aside from that agree with the OP.

Sir Rob is unbelievable. As you point out Lammie, he has been Tis' turn-to man since he signed and when you analyse his involvement in our success he's always there in the thick of it, taking responsibility in key moments.

I've got so much respect for someone who was at a difficult time of his career, chose to take a gamble and move back down South and has had such an amazing final flourish to his playing career. And he's still the turn-to man at 37, back in the league Tis signed him from nearly 4 years ago!

I hope he really makes a great coach/manager and can express all his experience and leadership after he hangs up his boots :)

Anonymous

Well-known Exeweb poster
Dunne #1

Duffy is a top buy as well.

And in this order!

1. Sir Rob.
Turned down a league club to feel the Vibe and be there at the start of the Tis revolution. He tore apart torquay... and scored at Wem-ber-lee...

2. Matt Taylor.Southern League Oil Tanker? Captain Fantastic more like. Kept us up last year.. goals at Hartlepool and home to Uddersfield...

3. Ryan Harley
To quote Motty...It keeps on getting better, and better and better.

4. Richard Duffy
Got to be in there hasn't he? Qwality.

5. Logie.
Sorry Dunney, but Logie shades it. Skin him Wayno, Go on Logie!
Everyone loves Logie..

Sub..
Dunney.

Everyone Agree?
Agree, except Logie should move above Duffy.

ForeverECFC

if it was Seven it would be so much easier :/

1. Ryan Harley

2. Matt Taylor

3. Richard Duffy

4. James Dunne

5. Richard Logan

----------

6. Sir Rob Edwards

7. Steve Tully

My Opinion my change later in the season depending on weather Noble starts looking good

Last edited:

grecIAN Harris

Very well known Exeweb poster
2 Rob Edwards - Again Steady as anything and the goal at Wembley always helps.........
........ to make up for the mistake the season before which lead to the Morecambe winner.
As for the point of the thread,

1) Harley and Taylor, both lead the way in their own imperious ways.
3) Duffy and Dunne, both give the side drive and bite
5) ?????????

LammieLammieLammie

........ to make up for the mistake the season before which lead to the Morecambe winner.
As for the point of the thread,

1) Harley and Taylor, both lead the way in their own imperious ways.
3) Duffy and Dunne, both give the side drive and bite
5) ?????????
mistake? Being caught out for pace from our throw in?

He was left 1 v 1 and was done... which is why he was never left 1 v 1 again ... and was pushed up the next year..

grecIAN Harris

mistake? Being caught out for pace from our throw in?

He was left 1 v 1 and was done... which is why he was never left 1 v 1 again ... and was pushed up the next year..
He got caught under a long hoof out of their penalty area whilst marking their bloke to tight. You might have expected that from a playe of lesser of experience but with the legs to get himself out of the situation. Rob should have known better. He sold himself down the river. Had he stood off him yes, he would have allowed matey to turn with the ball, but he would have had a better chance of dealing with the situation by either jockeying him until there was opportunity for cover to come across or hit him with a tackle.

CREDYGRECIAN

Loving the free flowing entertaining football at S
Matt Taylor , his performance against Swindon last year was the best individual performance from a city player in years.

Sir Rob , Wembley , Torquay away mazy dribble , leeds beckford in his pocket....Class.

Harley , Frustrating at times , brilliant at others.

George Friend on loan last year , without him and Matty T we wouldnt of stayed up.

Jamie Cureton , class pure class.