• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
A football tie-up with the new train service

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Trainline.com are currently offering digital railcards for 50% off. Worth having a look if you don't have one. For those that are neither "young" nor "old" the Network Railcard covers from Exeter across to Dover and up to King's Lynn.

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Trainline.com are currently offering digital railcards for 50% off. Worth having a look if you don't have one. For those that are neither "young" nor "old" the Network Railcard covers from Exeter across to Dover and up to King's Lynn.

Accesed one of these Yesterday, Will save my firm quite a few quid.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Off to Okehampton!

Attachments

Oldsmobile-88

Sounds like a nightmare for all concerned.
No safe way of walking from Yeovil Junction Station.

DB9

Sounds like a nightmare for all concerned.
No safe way of walking from Yeovil Junction Station.

I've changed at that station many times and its a dark, cold place at the best of times, Let alone a stormy night. SWR recently have been very poor with delays, cancelations etc, Not a good franchise if you ask me.

Colesman Ballz

I've changed at that station many times and its a dark, cold place at the best of times, Let alone a stormy night. SWR recently have been very poor with delays, cancelations etc, Not a good franchise if you ask me.
It is just being treated as a Second Class franchise by FGW. When they were allowed to take it over it was supposed to be run entirely separately, but that is not the case. It has dark echoes of the sixties when the Western Region took over the former Southern lines.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Over 10,000 passengers have travelled the Exeter/Okehampton line in the first 2 weeks. Talking to tradespeople last week they were delighted with the new trade. It could be massive during the summer. Hope this encourages the planners to get on with other extensions.

Oldsmobile-88

The Royal Train passing Coryton Cove,Dawlish earlier today en-route to Totnes from Exeter Riverside.
Top & tailed by a couple of 67s.
It was stabled on the former Heathfield branch after dropping off its passenger.Prince Charles was visiting Dartmouth Naval Collage.

Photo : Thomas Mills

4BE97F20-BEC3-48F9-951B-2591543D91F3.jpeg