• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a new train line through the south west - train related news

iscalad

Very well known Exeweb poster
With numerous strikes imminent on the railways(I’ve lost count who’s striking when) I wonder where this is all going to lead for the railways ?
Can’t see how the disputes are going to end at the moment.
£60,000 a year not enough. The mind boggles.

Grecian2K

The HST power car that was painted in the old "Inter City" livery seen at St David's just now heading the 1V44 Leeds to Pl*muff train.
Looked a bit out of place with the rest on the regular Cross Country stock.

DB9

The HST power car that was painted in the old "Inter City" livery seen at St David's just now heading the 1V44 Leeds to Pl*muff train.
Looked a bit out of place with the rest on the regular Cross Country stock.
If its Crossountry then Yuk!! The worst coaches and the worst smelling ones too, They never seem to clean the Loo's properly.

Oldsmobile-88

If its Crossountry then Yuk!! The worst coaches and the worst smelling ones too, They never seem to clean the Loo's properly.
Awful carriage sets..They usually smell like a chemical toilet throughout.

Reactions: DB9

DB9

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
As someone who sometimes travels train lines for the sheer hell of it (to tick off a line) this is a worry

Oldsmobile-88

Train Line App are offering Senior Railcards(60+) for £47 for 3 years. Usually £70.
Limited offer : code SUMMER33

I rarely travel by train these days, it was a no brainer getting one. Just one long trip will pay for the initial outlay.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Rail fares next year could be in for a huge hike given current inflation rates. I hope some sense prevails.

Oldsmobile-88

Rail fares next year could be in for a huge hike given current inflation rates. I hope some sense prevails.
One of the reasons I decided to get a Rail Card..If I do need to travel by train which would usually be Birmingham, Bristol or London for onward flying it makes sense to get one.
Parking at Airports has got even more ridiculously expensive after the pandemic, so I will be looking at the rail option.

Alistair20000

Train Line App are offering Senior Railcards(60+) for £47 for 3 years. Usually £70.
Limited offer : code SUMMER33

I rarely travel by train these days, it was a no brainer getting one. Just one long trip will pay for the initial outlay.
Love the train me. With my old fart railcard Exeter to Taunton for the cricket is £9 return. Cannot think what an 80 round trip in the motor plus parking in Taunton would come to.