• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Time for a managerial change

i8cornwall

Let the Exeter City version of the brexit referendum begin!

Big summer needed on and off the pitch for the club, other then that I'm happy to give Taylor one more season, if he doesn't get us promoted then him and probably a couple of people above him need to exit stage left next summer.

SaintJames

Three successive 0-0 draws in a row.
Another boring toothless display in a must win game.

Two out of his three seasons in charge have ended out the play offs.

I believe he has had enough time and it is now time for him to be moved on and look at getting a new manager in for next season.
i have had enough yes of attention seekers but that's for another day lol

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
I imagine the majority of Grecians will want Taylor to have at least another season, especially if it’s going to be a busy summer in the transfer market (as has been stated).

But the last thing the club and supporters need is another prolonged, bitter ‘divorce’ and so those at the top need to be much more vocal about what is expected of Taylor and then judge him on his results

i8cornwall

I imagine the majority of Grecians will want Taylor to have at least another season, especially if it’s going to be a busy summer in the transfer market (as has been stated).

But the last thing the club and supporters need is another prolonged, bitter ‘divorce’ and so those at the top need to be much more vocal about what is expected of Taylor and then judge him on his results
Not arguing with what you have said as I agree but do you think those at the top will actually be having those conversations come the summer?

globegrecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not arguing with what you have said as I agree but do you think those at the top will actually be having those conversations come the summer?
I respect those that played such a crucial role in saving the club all those years ago, however they were far too lenient with Tisdale - results AND behaviour/attitude- who, in turn, began to believe he was bigger than the club. Will they make that mistake again? Quite possible

i8cornwall

I respect those that played such a crucial role in saving the club all those years ago, however they were far too lenient with Tisdale - results AND behaviour/attitude- who, in turn, began to believe he was bigger than the club. Will they make that mistake again? Quite possible
Fully agree, I'd hope that lessons have been learnt but like most things city related I'm sceptical till I see it in writing.

tonykellowfan

I think that the people who run the club will cut MT some slack as they know what he had to deal with this season with the budget cut at the start of the season.

However I think MT will be judged on what happens next season and if we don't do well next season he should be replaced.

Greyhound

Well-known Exeweb poster
Yep, Taylor out. I'm so sick of seeing 0-0 that I've just deliberately trodden on my spectacles.

Sexton Blake

Well-known Exeweb poster
Another very disjointed and disappointing performance but not all over yet. Salford are currently 2 points ahead their next two games are away to Bradford and Colchester finishing at home to Orient.

Newport currently 3 points ahead next two games at home Scunthorpe and then Cheltenham finishing away to Southend.

FGR currently 4 points ahead next two games at home to Barrow and Tranmere finishing away to Oldham

Fair to say none of those three teams are going to get maximum points from their remaining games and crazy as it may seem if we beat Grimsby and then lose to Bolton we are still likely to be going into the final game home to Barrow with an outside chance of finishing in the playoffs on 69 points all be it though being reliant on other results so a very long shot.

Trying to look into a very murky crystal ball unless things went spectacularly wrong for FGR we would likely be going into the Barrow game on 66 points 4 points behind FGR, 3 points behind Newport (whose last game is away to Southend).

Hoping against hope the latter still have a chance of avoiding relegation and possibly being able to pip Newport on GD and 2 points behind Salford hopefully still with a better GD. Unfortunately Salford’s last game is Orient at home who will have nothing other than their pride to play for.......I have now just done my head in.

The Proper Chap

Well-known Exeweb poster
How do the budgets of the likes of Cambridge, Cheltenham, Morecambe, Newport etc compare to ours, they are not big clubs or big spenders.

ECFC always have excuses and there are bound to be excuses next season and beyond.