• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tim Dieng to Gillingham

grecian-near-hell

Well-known Exeweb poster
I think his contract is up in the summer and he's not being playing regularly, so if he was offered a good contract elsewhere then it's probably an easy decision for him to make.

To be frank, as good as he was for us last season, I think the step up to L1 was a little too much for him. He's fantastic in the air, but other than that has struggled a little this season IMO.

Thanks and good luck to the bauy.
Think it was stated he had his contract extended to next year but we get more money in for a "squad" player again. Liked Tim but then I also liked Paul Batty, they are both now history we move on

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for nothing. Just because a release clause has been triggered he doesn’t have to leave. Not happy about this, feels like we’ve been let down with this one.
I think that is harsh statement, although I to am not happy with this, Ultimately Players will make what they feel is the best decision for them, whether that is location, money, league status etc.

Probably from our viewpoint, at least we got a fee for him and this can be put back into this season, but still for me a big loss. Lets hope we can find a better replacement.

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Spanks

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks for all the memories Tim. I think you’ll do extremely well at the Gills. Cracking player, infectious smile, loads of goals.

“Let’s go!”

Fareham Grecian

I think his contract is up in the summer and he's not being playing regularly, so if he was offered a good contract elsewhere then it's probably an easy decision for him to make.
His contract was to summer 2024. Hopefully that means we got a decent fee for him

SEA Grecian

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for nothing. Just because a release clause has been triggered he doesn’t have to leave. Not happy about this, feels like we’ve been let down with this one.
I couldn't less about how he has departed. Instead I will remember the huge part he played in getting City promoted.

DJG.ECFC

Must have been a decent fee for trigger a release clause surely. Still a big loss in my opinion, was vital last season and changed games this season just look at rovers away

TotnesGrecian

To be frank, as good as he was for us last season, I think the step up to L1 was a little too much for him. He's fantastic in the air, but other than that has struggled a little this season IMO.

Thanks and good luck to the bauy.
Had 18 months left on his contract....

MJP_Exeter

Well-known Exeweb poster
A number of friends suggesting £150,000 was the fee for Dieng.

Grecian Max

Very well known Exeweb poster
The guy barely plays, and was just there to head in the ball off the bench… good deal all round.