• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tim Dieng to Gillingham

Redarrow

Another one flying the nest. Thanks for everything Tim

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member

Redarrow

ED7C1CAD-D3D7-40FC-BF86-B6AD91B58A37.png

Antony Moxey

Very well known Exeweb poster
Thanks for nothing. Just because a release clause has been triggered he doesn’t have to leave. Not happy about this, feels like we’ve been let down with this one.

BigBanker

Well-known Exeweb poster
Thanks for nothing. Just because a release clause has been triggered he doesn’t have to leave. Not happy about this, feels like we’ve been let down with this one.
Not been a regular starter under GC and I assume Gillingham have offered him more money, but yeh feels like a bit of a kick in the teeth.

I wonder whether there's a group of players who's feathers have been ruffled by the new regime.

Redarrow

On reflection I just find this move very strange indeed. Maybe more money, maybe the fact his partner is from that way and he has a property not far from Gills from when he was at Southend, maybe he wants to set his roots there due to partners family etc…..either way not sure why he would want to go to a club rock bottom in league 2.

antman

Well-known Exeweb poster
Players like playing regular football. Not much mystery really. Love Tim and wish him all the best. I'll miss that big smile.

SaintJames

On reflection I just find this move very strange indeed. Maybe more money, maybe the fact his partner is from that way and he has a property not far from Gills from when he was at Southend, maybe he wants to set his roots there due to partners family etc…..either way not sure why he would want to go to a club rock bottom in league 2.
If he does have a property up that way and his family come from the south east then it's no great surprise. He probably realised that it was unlikely he would get another contract with us so being offered a longer term deal on more money is a bit of a no brainer for a footballer just the wrong side of 30. Even if (which I dont think will happen) they get relegated he will still be getting paid until summer 2025

Boyo

I think his contract is up in the summer and he's not being playing regularly, so if he was offered a good contract elsewhere then it's probably an easy decision for him to make.

To be frank, as good as he was for us last season, I think the step up to L1 was a little too much for him. He's fantastic in the air, but other than that has struggled a little this season IMO.

Thanks and good luck to the bauy.

Devon Red

Well-known Exeweb poster
Think that's really harsh! Massive player for us last season and at his age if he gets offered a good deal he's going to take it.