• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tiered Pricing (18-21)

Grecian2K

Very well known Exeweb poster
I think Mr.Lincoln should have been denied entry for being drunk.
Difficult to get through the under 18 gate smelling of booze Poults......or is it???

Poultice

Difficult to get through the under 18 gate smelling of booze Poults......or is it???
Never was back in the day.

lmartin

Administrator
You also go from being at school to having a job, I assume the club has discounted rates for useless layabouts, er, what's the word ? Students.
Sadly not so easy these days... at this stage many go into part time or very low paid work and may start having to pay rent to the parentals if still at home etc.. etc.. It's a cash-tight period for most!

lmartin

Administrator
Saw the same comment. Must be worth considering. Not easy, financially, for someone at 6th form who has turned 18.

Though if they're a student they could have got in for a fiver tomorrow.
Only Exeter Uni students and when bought in advance from the student guild. Pay on the gate for students (and those from elsewhere) is £12.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
A similar idea was discussed at the last Grecians Groups Forum, details;

http://www.ecfcst.org.uk/news/512/202/January-Grecian-Groups-Forum-Transcript

lmartin

Administrator
Ah, very good... although that seems to favour an under 12 ticket - whereas I personally reckon there is more of a gap in pricing for 18-21 year olds.

Martin Lawrence

Well-known Exeweb poster
Interesting idea. Incidentally the idea of a full time student discount was mooted at the Grecian Groups Forum. It was however suggested that proving this would be difficult. It would appear that Uni cards and college cards are given out to anyone who attends - not necessarily to full time students.

I would be interested to hear what further ideas you might have. If you would like to email these to me, I will pass this on to the Gates Committee who look at gate prices.

Oldsmobile-88

Interesting idea. Incidentally the idea of a full time student discount was mooted at the Grecian Groups Forum. It was however suggested that proving this would be difficult. It would appear that Uni cards and college cards are given out to anyone who attends - not necessarily to full time students.
The OP is a intresting idea.Perhaps a trial period of 5 games to see the impact on crowd figures??.....Of course like all idea's with card entry for 'students' etc,it is open to abuse as has happened in the past.

The Grecians appear to be one of the few clubs to offer concessions at 60.I am not against that age limit,on many L1 grounds it is 65..So the club do a good deal in the other age direction...

DJH2005

"You can please some of the people some of the time, all of the people some of the time, some of the people all of the time, but you can never please all of the people all of the time."
Mr A. Lincoln, Big Bank @SJP 2012.
Mr Lincoln only ever went to Sincil Bank, surely?

Ok then, how about this one. How about raising the age for concessions. Why should a 60 year old who works at the same place as me, doing the same job and earns the same wages, pay alot less than me to get in. Along with that, he gets a free bus pass to get into town and the winter warming allowance to make sure his house is nice and toasty when he gets home after a cold winters evening game. What with the age of retirement going up, surely this should be taken into account.

come back and repost in 50 yrs time and see if you think the same