• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tickets for the EFL Trophy game against Northampton

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
Not sure how much of a factor this will be, given it would seem to rely on stewards having some sixth sense, whereby they will somehow know if two or more people are in the same bubble.

I'd have thought the whole situation would be easier to manage if this potential complication were to be disregarded.
Could be right egg, I'm only presuming that a "Bubble" would be an adult with kids etc, When they purchase tickets either by phone or online would they be asked if purchasing more than one ticket if it's for another family member or part of a "Secure Bubble"? If they are ST holders then there would be a list for the club to look against?

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Not sure how much of a factor this will be, given it would seem to rely on stewards having some sixth sense, whereby they will somehow know if two or more people are in the same bubble.

I'd have thought the whole situation would be easier to manage if this potential complication were to be disregarded.
ST holders were all asked months ago who was in our bubble so if the Club allocates two tickets together based on the information we supplied and the individuals show them to the stewards if asked, to confirm they are in a bubble and sitting in the allocated seats, that should be enough?

Antony Moxey

So what was the point in ST holders being asked by the club if you were in family or support bubbles with other ST holders when a return was first mooted some months ago?

DB9

ST holders were all asked months ago who was in our bubble so if the Club allocates two tickets together based on the information we supplied and the individuals show them to the stewards if asked, to confirm they are in a bubble and sitting in the allocated seats, that should be enough?
Cheers for that John, I didn't realise the club had that concern sorted, Mind I forgot that we nearly restarted fans attending a month or so back. 👍

LOG

Some more info here:

Boyo

Some more info here:

So capacity just over 2k assuming we reach Tier 1 at some point.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
You may well be right. It just seems to me that any gains are likely to be disproportionate to the effort involved. Notwithstanding some people's bubbles may have changed since the club last asked, I can't see it will materially affect the number of people allowed inside SJP, but it could well require a bit of policing. I'd have thought the stewards will have enough to occupy them without having to worry about this, but wasn't intending to suggest this was any more than my opinion.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Some more info here:

Further to my previous post, just to demonstrate what a minefield this is, it says on the club website: 'Face maks must be worn at all times once you have entered the stadium'.

it is, I guess, conceivable that the club has unilaterally taken this decision. However, my understanding is that the government guidance published yesterday says the wearing of face masks will not be mandatory – see for instance: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/28/exclusivefootball-fans-will-not-face-mandatory-temperature-checks/

ramone

Well-known Exeweb poster
If i had to agree with you we would both be wrong
So no having a smoke half time then !

Boyo

Further to my previous post, just to demonstrate what a minefield this is, it says on the club website: 'Face maks must be worn at all times once you have entered the stadium'.

it is, I guess, conceivable that the club has unilaterally taken this decision. However, my understanding is that the government guidance published yesterday says the wearing of face masks will not be mandatory – see for instance: https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/11/28/exclusivefootball-fans-will-not-face-mandatory-temperature-checks/
I can’t view your Telegraph article Egg, but at Cheltenham they have said that 1m social distancing will be enforced and hence masks will be mandatory. Conceivably at larger stadiums 2m social distancing would enable people to remove masks.