• We use cookies to ensure that we give you the best experience on our website. If you continue without changing your settings, we'll assume that you are happy to receive all cookies from this website. Read more here

Tickets for the EFL Trophy game against Northampton

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
Thought this worthy of a separate thread

Dear xxxx

With the recent annoucment from the Government, that supporters can return to football we are working as diligently as possible to finalise plans for our first game the Papa Johns Cup, Tuesday 8th December .

As a season ticket holder, you will have first refusal to purchase tickets online for this game.

As capacity will be extremely limited, if you do not wish to attend this match, please reply to this email immediately.

If we do not have a response from you, we will assume you want to purchase a ticket if capacity allows. In which case we will send you a link as soon as possible to purchase your ticket, these will be on a first come first served basis and are restricted to Season Ticket Holders only.

Furthermore, you will recieve a very important email later today or tomorrow, finalising details for returning to social distanced EFL Home League games which you must action before the deadline early next week.

As previously stated as a result of social distancing guidelines.
  • Big Bank Season ticket holders will be posted tickets for the social distanced games.

• Season ticket holders in the IP Office and Stagecoach stands will be posted an allocated replacement tickets for these games. While we appreciate, not sitting in your preferred seat will be an inconvenience for you, our utmost concern is your safety.
We would like to sincerely thank you for your superb support in these challenging times and look forward to providing the team with some vocal support at the games.

Kind Regards

Tim Long

***Checks how quickly he can logon to City's ticket website***

DB9

Very well known Exeweb poster
***Literally waiting for someone to moan about it "Not being fair"***

Seriously though, This is a day we've all been waiting for, Have patience with the club please. Soon (Fingers crossed) limited numbers will be a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Hants_red

Admin
Staff member
***Literally waiting for someone to moan about it "Not being fair"***
They will do for the League games.

Not going to this one.

Intrigued how many people will want to attend this game. First game people can go to but in a competition many people boycott.

DB9

They will do for the League games.

Not going to this one.
Since I live a distance away and not a regular at SJP nowadays I won't go until the numbers allowed in are much higher, Someone who's local and goes regularly and maybe not have a season ticket in my mind deserves the chance to go more than me.

John William

Well-known Exeweb poster
Intrigued how many people will want to attend this game. First game people can go to but in a competition many people boycott.
I will be there and would probably have gone in normal circumstances; I think the reasons for boycotting have evaporated anyway. I would imagine all the available tickets will be taken up for this game, but the number may be very limited given the nature of the game as a test fixture and the need to set aside big areas for players, officials, press etc.

DB9

I will be there and would probably have gone in normal circumstances; I think the reasons for boycotting have evaporated anyway. I would imagine all the available tickets will be taken up for this game, but the number may be very limited given the nature of the game as a test fixture and the need to set aside big areas for players, officials, press etc.
Can't imagine that, If as you say parts will need to be set aside for those you mention, We utilise the away end (Since no away fans will be there) and with a maximum of 2k fans allowed in they'll be plenty of room even accounting for Social Distance rules, As that amount is only 25% of our current ground capacity. Plus if say some family members who live in the same house attend, Then their SD doesn't come into it.

paperclip

I'm not sure they have JW, Premier League teams are still making a mockery of a competition for FL teams that has nothing to do with them, that's why I have been boycotting matches, and will continue to do so as long as non-EFL teams are involved.

Naturally as a ST holder I have let the club know I won't be attending so that my ticket can be re-allocated, but I will be saving myself for the Tranmere game on the 12th.

Egg

Well-known Exeweb poster
Plus if say some family members who live in the same house attend, Then their SD doesn't come into it.
Not sure how much of a factor this will be, given it would seem to rely on stewards having some sixth sense, whereby they will somehow know if two or more people are in the same bubble.

I'd have thought the whole situation would be easier to manage if this potential complication were to be disregarded.